SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car will not start. Key FOB is stuck in ON OFF START ... I can not remove the key and the car will not start. This Vehicle is a 2004 9-3 Linear MANUAL 5 Speed

·
Registered
622 Posts
Possibly steering lock? Have you tried turning the wheel in either direction while turning the key to see if it unlocks for you?

That's the only time something like this has happened to me and turning the wheel helped.

It might operate normally and start back up once you've removed the fob. It's super rare for me, but the few times I've actually stalled out, I could not simply turn the fob to start it back up. I had to physically remove the fob and reinsert it to get things to start back up.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
Check your fuses, particularly #2 in the drivers door fuseblock. It's a 5A fuse. What led to getting the key stuck in there anyways?

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
my monies on the battery being dead...throw a meter across and read voltage..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the dash lights up and everything on the car is working. Clutch is fine and the gears are shifting through 1 -5 and reverse...

Ill check the fuse. I just got in the car turned key over and didn't press the clutch in... so i reseated the key and went through the process again and now the key is stuck in on/off/ignition but will not come out and will not start...I disconnected the negative battery terminal before I left for work and noticed some build up on it... but since everything else is fully lit and isn't dimming and starter isn't even trying to engage I am skeptical it is the battery....

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
All the dash lights up and everything on the car is working. Clutch is fine and the gears are shifting through 1 -5 and reverse...

Ill check the fuse. I just got in the car turned key over and didn't press the clutch in... so i reseated the key and went through the process again and now the key is stuck in on/off/ignition but will not come out and will not start...I disconnected the negative battery terminal before I left for work and noticed some build up on it... but since everything else is fully lit and isn't dimming and starter isn't even trying to engage I am skeptical it is the battery....
Do as aerojon suggests, test the battery or replace it if more than 3 years old.
Failing batteries cause numerous issues on this car.

I'm not saying it's the battery, but it is…

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do as aerojon suggests, test the battery or replace it if more than 3 years old.
Failing batteries cause numerous issues on this car.

I'm not saying it's the battery, but it is…
Should I jump the car or just buy a new battery and pray? By the way... thanks everyone very much for the help... you guys are amazing!

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
Don't jump it. Buy a new one. Also, did you check fuses yet? Have you done any electrical mods lately (stereo)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No the car is stock ... I love on it but i don't mod it... i will be getting a battery and checking the fuses when i get home...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Key FOB stuck

I'm not saying its the battery, but it is...

SPOT ON GUYS... the battery was dead and wouldn't release the key...

Thanks again for the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts