SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched a number of threads here and across google and uncovered various problems but not the one I am seeing so I'm hoping for some input:
New to me '06 9-3. When we picked up the car the key fob worked perfectly. Within a week we go the low battery warning lamp. I have replaced the battery (even bought a second one and replaced it). But I am still getting the battery warning light. Car starts but fob won't unlock doors. I tried various methods of repeatedly unlocking the door when near/in the car per things I'd read with no luck. I also replaced the outer rubber housing since it was in bad shape. Internals look good and I don't see any corrosion. I would think it's electronics in the fob itseld if I get the low battery message still? Anything else to look at? if it is the electronics what's involved with replacing that? Does the key need to be coded somehow? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Appears that vertical connector piece is gone. Must have broken off. So I need a new remote internals. Does this need to be programmed somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,060 Posts
yes new fob needs to be programmed using Tech2..used fobs are can't be programmed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts