SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my 02 9-5 to a dealer that still works on saab.i wanted to get my key remote program to allow me to use the buttons.i also told them to turn off siren alarm and turn on horn alarm.the service theft message has been coming on.i read about some of the troubles others have had with siren going off for no reason.don't have the money right now for a new siren box.dealer told me my key fob is no good.he said the tech 2 can't even read my key fob.(????).because of that he could not do none of the things i asked for.tech guy told me he tested the battery on the fob and it was good. somehow the fob does not want to communicate with the tech 2.i am able to start the car and open the door with key.i paid $109.00 for the hour labor(don't think he was on car for an hour).dealer asked me if i wanted them to keep working on it to find problem. i said hell no, can't afford it,the labor rate is to much for me.so my fellow saab heads, can anyone help me out with some ideas or info.i also asked dealer about getting an extra key made that will allow me to start the car. he said they can't do that ,all keys are on backorder.all i want is a key with chip in it that allows me to start the car.i thought that was easy to do.:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts