SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two top fobs work on my ‘09 CV. One came with the car and the other I bought and programmed. It was listed as an original Saab fob.

The two at bottom left came with my ‘05. They both work.

The one at bottom right came from remotes.com for cheap. I can’t program it though the tech2 says it’s 433mhz.

Her’s the flip side of one that works, left. And the one that doesn’t, right.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
What is the point?
Even same look does not mean that copy will work.
Saab fob memory chip have special "base programming" and blanks will not work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it might be helpful for someone who was having trouble with a fob to visually identify the physical differences between working original fobs (which appear to have version differences themselves) and non-working knock-off fobs, not to mention help someone who knows something about electronics spot a substitute component that might be causing the problem who might suggest a simple solution to make the knock-offs usable.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Did u try to program it to both cars or just one ? I hope u tried it on the 09 !

some of these websites will resell returned keys from customers, while people allready programmed them to a car trying to resolve an issue, and when it doesn't resolve their issue they just send them back..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I tried to program it on both cars. No joy. I hadn’t thought about it being a return that has been programmed to another car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts