SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2009 saab 9-3 , my key fob lost a button today , i had a friend give me his old key fob shell/ with key , does anyone know where i can get the key programmed to fit my car in michigan, i’ve called a few places no luck so far , i live in shelby twp michigan, any help would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Nowhere.
YOU CAN NOT USE OLD KEY FOB AT ALL!

You need brand new ORIGINAL fob and TECH2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nowhere.
YOU CAN NOT USE OLD KEY FOB AT ALL!

You need brand new ORIGINAL fob and TECH2.
dam , so once a key is programmed for a different car it can’t be reprogrammed for another one ? also any recommendations where to get new key fob and get it programmed? i’m guessing i’ll have to mail it out to a place since i’m not having any luck finding a shop locally in michigan, thanks for the help

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
dam , so once a key is programmed for a different car it can’t be reprogrammed for another one ? also any recommendations where to get new key fob and get it programmed? i’m guessing i’ll have to mail it out to a place since i’m not having any luck finding a shop locally in michigan, thanks for the help
You CAN NOT use fob which is programmed to another car.
You MUST have original new fob and TECH2 (with security access) for programming it to your car.
There is no "mail version" for programming, fob and car must be together when you program fob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.