SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so, whenever I start my car, it complains that the remote battery is low. It's obvious what battery to use and how to physically replace it - but because the wonderfully helpful manual just says to go to the dealer to have it replaced (Seriously?!) I'm worried that they have some monumentally stupid design where the key forgets what car it goes with the instant you pull the battery.

Say it isn't so! :eek:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I believe you have 10 minutes or so after removing the old battery to get the new battery in and program it to your car. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone here will correct me. :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you have 10 minutes or so after removing the old battery to get the new battery in and program it to your car. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone here will correct me. :D
...and you program it to your car by...?

·
Registered
62 Posts
...so, whenever I start my car, it complains that the remote battery is low. It's obvious what battery to use and how to physically replace it - but because the wonderfully helpful manual just says to go to the dealer to have it replaced (Seriously?!) I'm worried that they have some monumentally stupid design where the key forgets what car it goes with the instant you pull the battery.

Say it isn't so! :eek:
I can confirm you can change it yourself. I changed mine a couple weeks ago, battery was out for about 1 minute and it worked fine without any reprogramation needed. Hope this helps. Saab 9-5 2003

1 - 5 of 5 Posts