SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just shopping for new pads, and came across the kevlar set for my 9-3.....anyone gotten a set of kevlar pads, have any advice?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I usually do ceramics, but though I'd see if anyone else had taken a chance on these....I'm a little apprehensive....

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
What brand? I tried PBR/Axxis Ultimate which I think I recall reading were kevlar/ceramic composition. They stopped very well. Dirtier than EBC Redstuff (in fact they were filthy) but they really seemed to clamp nicely.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think they require some heat to work well.
why not just use a street compont like hawk?
people seem to like greenstuff's again, too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on a bit of a budget, looking for under $50.

last I checked, greenstuff/redstuff are pretty pricey.

I'm a bit paranoid, because a guy I know here who used to have a 900 said using anything other than ceramic on the 900 caused massive squealing.....any truth?

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
ll other things being equal, and in general, ceramic are noisier than other compounds. Moreover, true "squealing" is most often a result of harmonic vibration or resonance of the back of the pads interacting with the calipers that hold them.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
If remember greenstuff are 1/4 kevlar. I used a set once on my ng900 brakes and liked them enough to get the set for the Viggen front/Aero rear I am doing. I think I spent $60 on one of the random websites under google for the fronts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts