1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear SAAB-Enthusiasts,

I'm very curious what you gents(&ladys) think of this new concept:

http://r.ebay.com/h0JLBK

if the pilot works out well enough we want to take this to the next level.

So, enjoy!

And thank you for your time and consideration.

Best Regards,
JJW Verhees

·
SC's resident English and idiom expert
696 Posts
Here's what I think:

1. "Keeping the soul alive" should mean keeping these cars running, not ripping out parts to make fashionable bags.

2. There's a section of the site dedicated to selling things, this is not that section.

3. I don't want a bag that's had some dude's butt on it for 100,000 km.

Remember, you asked what I think.

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
Here's what I think:

1. "Keeping the soul alive" should mean keeping these cars running, not ripping out parts to make fashionable bags.

2. There's a section of the site dedicated to selling things, this is not that section.

3. I don't want a bag that's had some dude's butt on it for 100,000 km.

Remember, you asked what I think.
The moderating team spotted this post almost immediately and we discussed it among ourselves. We came to the conclusion that it was a novel and interesting use or recycling of doomed Saab leather. The moderating team consensus was that we would leave it be for now because it was a somewhat off-beat and interesting idea that we believed some of our members might like to know about.

So, you are correct foothill that technically this does belong in the Classifieds but we opted to leave it for now as a Saab related off-topic Lounge post.

As well, I am agreement that it is a shame to see so many Saabs being parted-out and scrapped. As an example, see my post in this forum regarding the sudden spate of Viggen part-outs that seems to be occurring. On the other hand, once scrapped and consigned to the bone yards, car interiors deteriorate extremely rapidly and I shudder to think how many end up as shelters for rodents and other vermin. At least this way, some of what will inevitably be lost is salvaged and re-purposed, with homage being paid to whence it came.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Is ladyinred just not checking facts? That price as she posted for a normally aspirated Saab 900s is wildly inflated and could not possibly have been close to the sticker price.

I turned down a heavily optioned 900s for $15,900 in 1995 and opted for the for a white one (no sun roof), for $15,000 USD, both were brandy new.:confused:

$55,300 USD? I don't think so. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts