SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you request to keep your factory equipment?

For instance, if you went with the sport wheel package, did you ask to receive the original wheels, tires, and springs?

Considering how the price is the same on the Arc and Linear for the wheel package despite the Arc having bigger standard wheels, I'd say the price is replacement price, not upgrade price.

Dealers have a tendency not to tell you about things like this. As they like to keep the original equipment you paid for, then sell them as repair parts down the road.

I'd much rather keep them and use them as winter wheels or ebay them myself.

This may not apply if you order direct from the factory to get the options you want. But the principle is the same, you paid for the standard equipment.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I pick mine up I'll be sure to mention it and see what kind of response I get. I'm sure somebody else will be picking theirs up before I do. Don't forget to mention this when you pick yours up to at least get an explanation.

I know it was a popular thing to do on the RSX. Request to keep the original side molding if you bought a bodykit or the original wheels if you upgraded.

Surprised many dealers when they were asked for it. But they did indeed agree that it was the owner's property and would hand it over if asked.

Just like whenever you get repair work done you have the option of keeping the replaced parts. But usually they tuck a little release into the paperwork signing it over to them unless you bring it up.

·
Registered
532 Posts
the wheel and sport chassis is a factory installed option - not dealer installed (unless other arrangements were made). I know, for example, many other imports - Toyota, Honda, etc sell the wheels as an accessory, not a factory option.
So, no, you won't get the original wheels back. Besides, the new wheels and tires are worth more than the 1K dollar package price. So they keep the "originals" towards the price.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I imagined if you get it straight from the factory.

But if you take something off the lot and request to have the package added by the dealer I wonder if it would apply.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm
Dealer wanted to charge me $800 to add the aggressive springs to one on the lot that didn't have the sport package.

That was just for the springs :!
If I do any dealer add-on stuff like that I'll definitely be insisting on getting my original equipment back.

$800 for springs when $1000 gets you the springs/wheels/tire combo is ridiculous. Will have to look into bargaining on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts