SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Just put a KN filter (panel) into my car. Just curious to know, when I floor it in 3rd, the boost gauge goes to 3/4 yellow and slowly goes into the red, with the old filter, it use to go right to the begining of the red. I do not notice any power gains(not that i expected any), but I will say the acceleration is much smoother. I was hoping to hear more of the turbo, but I i just hear more of a growl from the engine. Havent driven it long enough to see any fuel mileage increases. Just wondering if this is normal. As always , thanks for the input

·
Registered
38 Posts
K&N is a good filter but your not going to hear the turbo too much better because its still all enclosed in a box. If you were to use a cone filter and get rid of the box completely then ull hear the turbo better. Also have you removed the turbo silencer? That makes a big difference, sound wise. As far as your stock "boost" gauge I couldnt tell ya. That thing blows to all extent. You need to get a real boost guage thats measured in psi or bars depending on where ur from. With that youll be able to tell exactly how much ur pushin or loosin. The green yellow red b.s. dont really cut it.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
If you are going to do true performance mods, yes, get a boost gauge. If not, the apc gauge is fine if you learn how to read it. Someone posted recently on the corresponding p's per si for each division. I can't remember what they were though.

As for the K&N, I heard the turbo a bit more with mine but I also did the 3 inch airbox mod at the same time so I don't know if that made the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts