SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a K&N air intake, since then after riding a while the check engine light appear and then when i stop and start back on first, the car move very slow up to the second gear. Someone help me please.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The airflow is improper, K&N's have near Zero success rate on most 93 SS's. There's a dozen or more threads, even K&N admits it. Here is a cut and paste from an old thread:

....over a year ago I contacted K&N and posted the response, it seems even there application guide, which no-one ever reads it seems, states that the 57i is not compatible with all 93's....I'll do a quick look to see if I can find it, but just a quick one....

Here, this was quite a hot topic for a while.

From Nick Peres at K&N:

"This particular intake kit was found not to properly fit/work on the models that are not listed in our application guide. Hope this helps,

Tech support"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the thing i dont understand is i really checked product for my 9-3 specifically... if you do a search by car model you will find that one for it. Is it possible to reprogram the computer or something to make it work.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You could probably use some of the components it came with. . Check out the DIY thread and rig up something. It's not a complete waste. .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts