SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been waiting for today to get it all in place. and finally, the coverted tune loaded up.

16T turbo installed yesterday and minutes earlier, get the high-flow injectors in.

am going to give her a trial run after work under a humid and tropical conditions.

cheerios...;ol;

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... stock ones are on the right. i hope close to 300 hp, but where i am, hot and humid all year round, the numbers are going to be challenging. let it run-in for a week, and dyno will reveal the truth.

cheerios..;ol;

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yeah... stock ones are on the right. i hope close to 300 hp, but where i am, hot and humid all year round, the numbers are going to be challenging. let it run-in for a week, and dyno will reveal the truth.

cheerios..;ol;
only 300hp with stage 4 :eek: I'm hoping that's at least to the wheels?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
lol nope... crank
not trying to start another "JZW vs VTuner" argument, but Vtuners Stage 1 (stage2) offers 300hp and the stage 2 (Stage3) offer 320hp?

and im not trying to say i know anything about tuning, but something doesn't seem right with only getting 300 out of a stage 4, thats only a 90hp gain with 4 stages?? :confused:

·
Registered
675 Posts
not trying to start another "JZW vs VTuner" argument, but Vtuners Stage 1 (stage2) offers 300hp and the stage 2 (Stage3) offer 320hp?

and im not trying to say i know anything about tuning, but something doesn't seem right with only getting 300 out of a stage 4, thats only a 90hp gain with 4 stages?? :confused:
I think the op might be doing this to a small t 2.0. if not im a little confused by it all to.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vtuner or Jzw or Maptun or BSR and what else.... Call it brands. My figures are purely assumption until dynoed. Various brands will market their products according to demands and some will go further with customisation, stg 3, 3+..

Yes, mine's [email protected], auto trans, and I believe can be pushed further with some fine-tuning. Project outcome is to bring her up and beyond 300. This tune requires hardware upgrades and the limitation is auto tranny. Saw light at the end of the tunnel when Paco's threaded the maximo guy's 400hp project.

Unless there's a similar case whereby someone has got the same current setup as mine and squeezes out more horses than I do, with all environmental variables being equal, to each its own bro.

Cheerios!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Vtuner or Jzw or Maptun or BSR and what else.... Call it brands. My figures are purely assumption until dynoed. Various brands will market their products according to demands and some will go further with customisation, stg 3, 3+..

Yes, mine's [email protected], auto trans, and I believe can be pushed further with some fine-tuning. Project outcome is to bring her up and beyond 300. This tune requires hardware upgrades and the limitation is auto tranny. Saw light at the end of the tunnel when Paco's threaded the maximo guy's 400hp project.

Unless there's a similar case whereby someone has got the same current setup as mine and squeezes out more horses than I do, with all environmental variables being equal, to each its own bro.

Cheerios!
wasn't trying to bash your upgrades or JZW's tuning abilities/options, just confused by only a 90hp gain with a Stage 4. figured that once you got that far along, you'd be seeing some higher numbers. but hey, it's your money and to each his own, bro;)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Cheerios!
well your torque is gonna be held back because of your automatic transmission to about 280lb/ft but stage 3 is 280 hp at least so its gotta be more than 300 hp

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If youre pushing close to 300 you would need forged pistons eventually...theyre rated until 327bhp, but 27hp isnt that far...they probably wouldnt last much longer :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts