SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap!

It felt like I was gonna take off. Literally. Until my clutch started slipping:cry:. I was really building it up a lot, and the drive still impressed me. Unfortunately I didn't get to do much until the clutch started slipping. Climbing RPMs + constant speed = no good:evil:. So now I need to figure out a good clutch setup...any suggestions please post them!

Is it normal for it to idle at like 1600 rpms? Idle was completely normal before I put the new ECU in...

And the TD04 swap was a nightmare. Everything that went wrong could pretty much.

Anyways, WOW! Can't wait for a new clutch now!

·
Registered
456 Posts
If youre running a viggen turbo on a stock 900 intercooler, I strongly suggest upgrading to atleast a viggen IC. Just sayin

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't put the old ECU back in yet. I noticed now that if I am idling for a little while, the rpms will start to drop to normal. Previous owner replaced the idle air control valve (don't know when exactly), any suggestions?

I have a big front mount IC already. And I was thinking Viggen clutch and pressure plate would be the way to go. Anything else I should replace while I've got the tranny out?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Enjoy it and stay safe!

·
Registered
751 Posts
lol i had oppisite problems with idle after my stage 2 a few weeks ago, my car idled to low and would die, but i cleaned the evap purge valve and cars been running fine ever since, so i suggest to clean that and to clean the Idle Air Control valve

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the TD04 and stg3+ ECU off a guy who had the ECU tuned for the turbo. Also talked to John about it, and said that this particular tune would be a bit hard on the seals of the T25. So I figured this was a good place to be. Plus, I have stock injectors and don't want to risk running lean:eek::nono;

The coolant line was leaking at the end, where it attached to the fitting. I cut about an inch off, and inserted a new fitting, which was quite easy. The hard part was getting this new hose+fitting to fit on the nipple attached to the turbo. I barely got it on after many attempts, and finally soaking the hose in hot water to loosen it up lol. Now it seems to be dripping a very little bit of something, but I honestly don't care right now, I'm quite tired of the whole ordeal.

And now I need a clutch? Damn. No way I'm shelling out $1k for labor...but it looks to be a pain of a DIY job too.

Saabmarine it's funny you mention both the evap purge valve and IAC valve...both were replaced by the previous owner. Are they difficult to clean? I suppose that is a good start though

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yeah deffinatly try cleaning it, you need some pliers and to take off 2 hoses and unplug connector

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I've got a CEL :evil::evil::evil:

Checked fluids - fine. Checked for odd sounds/smells - fine. Just drove it 80 miles without any problems...could this be related to the funky idle?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Drop by an autozone or something of the sort and find out what the code is; could be something else going on here.

·
Registered
751 Posts
idk i encountered 2 codes at first with my tune, p0413 which was some secondary air injection **** and the other code i ran into was a misfirring code for bank 1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts