SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks goes out to John for his tune. My Stage 1 ecu is currently being shipped back to me and I will be posting more info after I get a few 'test runs' lol. Also for anyone wanting to know, I have a 07 auto so I will post info how it feels in first couple of gears.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love this tune after one day!!! lol It feels great in all gears surprisingly and believe this is one of the best tunes for your buck!!! I recommend this tune to anyone who wants some extra power.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you like it man. I'm considering this tune for my aero, do you still have a warranty or know if it would be voided after this tune?
I am not sure if JZW does tunes for v6 models but I could be wrong... I just had my 30k maintenance done and then got the tune so I am not sure, but it all depends on your dealer, so may not care while some might try to take away every last warranty you have on your saab. It all depends. You should look into VTuner, you can get up into 400+ ft pounds for $750.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am not sure if JZW does tunes for v6 models but I could be wrong... I just had my 30k maintenance done and then got the tune so I am not sure, but it all depends on your dealer, so may not care while some might try to take away every last warranty you have on your saab. It all depends. You should look into VTuner, you can get up into 400+ ft pounds for $750.
lol i wish i had a v6 aero so i can go for vtuner! aero's with v6 engines weren't produced until '06, i have an '04.

i'll probably just end up going for jzw and hopefully my dealership doesn't try to give me crap for it. but first, i want to get my exhaust leak repaired and stiffen up my chassis a tad.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Glad you like it man. I'm considering this tune for my aero, do you still have a warranty or know if it would be voided after this tune?
If you modify, alter or Swap out the ECU you void your warranty..... one selling point of BSR is that you can de-tune if your going into the shop.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I love this tune after one day!!! lol It feels great in all gears surprisingly and believe this is one of the best tunes for your buck!!! I recommend this tune to anyone who wants some extra power.

Glad you like it, I know I love mine! You will have to take some video when you get a chance. Weather is too crappy out here to do any pulls for my video. Cant April get here already?!?!?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
lol i wish i had a v6 aero so i can go for vtuner! aero's with v6 engines weren't produced until '06, i have an '04.

i'll probably just end up going for jzw and hopefully my dealership doesn't try to give me crap for it. but first, i want to get my exhaust leak repaired and stiffen up my chassis a tad.

They wont....i ve had my tune on the car for 2 years now and they havent said anything. Even after my 4th piston took a [email protected]#$ on me they never went that deep into it to see if i had any mods done to it. But then againnnnn thats the dealer here! I still think ull be fine :cheesy:

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
They wont....i ve had my tune on the car for 2 years now and they havent said anything. Even after my 4th piston took a [email protected]#$ on me they never went that deep into it to see if i had any mods done to it. But then againnnnn thats the dealer here! I still think ull be fine :cheesy:

As you said, that's your dealer's attitude, other Dealers may not be so Tune friendly, technically/legally they can void a warranty. It's been done.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
As you said, that's your dealer's attitude, other Dealers may not be so Tune friendly, technically/legally they can void a warranty. It's been done.
Yes yes u are right. That was my disclaimer :]

·
Registered
605 Posts
My dealer was fine with my tune as well when they did my short block replacement last summer............but I have a good relationship with them, so that did help.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
My dealer was fine with my tune as well when they did my short block replacement last summer............but I have a good relationship with them, so that did help.
I remember that replacement, but the shortblock, if I recall, was for the Porous Block Issue (?). Nothing to do with ECU or Tune related issues.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Couldnt you just get another ECU from a yunked car along with the keys, and swap em when you go in for service?

If you modify, alter or Swap out the ECU you void your warranty..... one selling point of BSR is that you can de-tune if your going into the shop.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I remember that replacement, but the shortblock, if I recall, was for the Porous Block Issue (?). Nothing to do with ECU or Tune related issues.
The number 4 cylinder went dead............no compression and the rings where bad. They knew of the Stage 1 tune at the time. When they did the replacement, they put my 3" downpipe on for me! :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Maaan... you are one lucky SOB. Here, the dealer will jump at you for the slightest thing. The service manager is a complete d!ck....

The number 4 cylinder went dead............no compression and the rings where bad. They knew of the Stage 1 tune at the time. When they did the replacement, they put my 3" downpipe on for me! :cheesy:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Info on tune?

Im very interested in this tune as well. How do i get in contact with JZW and how much does stage 1 cost? Also, how many people have lost cylinder 4. That seemed to be a common problem with the supercharged cobalts as well.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Im very interested in this tune as well. How do i get in contact with JZW and how much does stage 1 cost? Also, how many people have lost cylinder 4. That seemed to be a common problem with the supercharged cobalts as well.
I cant post a link to his site as he is not a sponsor, but im sure if you go to google, and type in JZW Tuning it will pop up first on the list

1 - 20 of 37 Posts