SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JZW E85 Dyno 265whp/305wtq

I was able to get on the dyno today. It ran really strong, and the torque held on strong into 5000 which is where our small turbos usually tend to start to fall off. Im still lacking a FMIC which I would like to get eventually to help me hold my power a little longer without getting heat soaked. But until then here is what the graph looks like. (to put it in more perspective, a stock STI typically puts down 260wHP/265wTQ on this dyno) Going with the 15% drive train loss that it seems that all tuners have been going with, that puts me at around 311HP and 359TQ at the crank. I was contemplating running the 07 ECU so I can run bio power, but according to JZW's site he now has the Handheld PPC that runs multiple tunes, so I can switch at will between E85 and gasoline!

Here is a video of one of the dyno pulls. For some reason youtube compresses my widescreen video so it looks a little funky. But you get to see my big 19's rolling ;ol;

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Congrats those are some solid numbers

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very good numbers !
What are your mods ?

as far as power mods go, they are as follows:
JZW Custom E85 Tune, JT 3" DP with 3" exhaust, Spec 2+ clutch, Forge bypass valve.

Im also on H&R Springs with Koni yellows and 19' TSW Nogaro's with 245/35 Nitto NeoGen tires

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
nice, this is the tune im getting for mine eventually, nice to see what #'s it puts down...

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
I was able to get on the dyno today. It ran really strong, and the torque held on strong into 5000 which is where our small turbos usually tend to start to fall off. Im still lacking a FMIC which I would like to get eventually to help me hold my power a little longer without getting heat soaked. But until then here is what the graph looks like. (to put it in more perspective, a stock STI typically puts down 260HP/265TQ on this dyno) Going with the 15% drive train loss that it seems that all tuners have been going with, that puts me at around 311HP and 359TQ at the crank. Another quick bit of Info for you guys who dont want any downtime. JZW will soon be offering the "Handheld PPC" tuner.

Here is a video of one of the dyno pulls. For some reason youtube compresses my widescreen video so it looks a little funky. But you get to see my big 19's rolling ;ol;

JZW E85 Dyno
Nice run!!!

Where are you located?
Are the numbers SAE corrected or uncorrected?

The 15 percent drivetrain loss is high but probably accurate with the big wheels!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
dude that's sweet! SOOOO basically though for all of us that aren't within easy driving distance from JZW, can this tune be applied or does he need your car on a dyno to tune to that degree?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Dude those are pretty sweet numbers. Thing sounds like a rocket sled ;ol;

I saw that he now has the PPC available. That's pretty sweet! Having to send away my ECU has been the big thing preventing me from going Stage 3.

I'm curious what he would charge if I wanted the Stage 3 map and the E85 on the same tuner. $699 + $399 I'm kind of assuming...

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

I saw that he now has the PPC available. That's pretty sweet! Having to send away my ECU has been the big thing preventing me from going Stage 3.

I'm curious what he would charge if I wanted the Stage 3 map and the E85 on the same tuner. $699 + $399 I'm kind of assuming...
his site says it wont be available ti'll 9/14...this is very interesting indeed...im still looking to pick up the stg3 e85 for my 9-3, but since im a 07 i wont need 2 tunes for it, just one :) wonder what i'll use the second tune for...hmmm...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
dude that's sweet! SOOOO basically though for all of us that aren't within easy driving distance from JZW, can this tune be applied or does he need your car on a dyno to tune to that degree?
This was not a dyno tune. This is just my E85 tune that I dyno'd. Depending on if you have different hardware (IE a FMIC) you will probably get even better results as Im still running the stock intercooler

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
This was not a dyno tune. This is just my E85 tune that I dyno'd. Depending on if you have different hardware (IE a FMIC) you will probably get even better results as Im still running the stock intercooler
you've got higher flowing injectors too, right?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
you've got higher flowing injectors too, right?

Yes, his e85 tune requires 60lb injectors....im getting mine from zzperformance.com since they have them the cheapest...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I talked to John because I was curious about what the pricing would be for 2 tunes, and he said you get 2 tunes of your choice on the PPC for the introductory price of $699! ;ol;

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I talked to John because I was curious about what the pricing would be for 2 tunes, and he said you get 2 tunes of your choice on the PPC for the introductory price of $699! ;ol;
yeah thats a good deal, what i want to do since im stock, is pick up the tuner w/the stg1 tune and e85 stg3 tune uploaded...that way i can go stg1, than when i pick up the supporting mods for the stg3 i can just flash the new tune on

·
Registered
609 Posts
OP- What were the conditions of the dyno run? How far above sea level are you?

·
Registered
568 Posts
You mentioned you are running a stock intercooler, I imagine you plan to upgrade. That said, any concerns about hp rising above 300 or thoughts on installing forged pistons or are you confident that the stock internals will do the job? Does John have an opinion on this?

btw, nice job taking you car to another level. I haven't seen another SS with an E85 tune.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I want to go E85 but there are absolutely no E85 gas stations in Salt Lake City. At all. It really sucks. I think I'm just gonna wait for vtuner stage 3 eventually.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You mentioned you are running a stock intercooler, I imagine you plan to upgrade. That said, any concerns about hp rising above 300 or thoughts on installing forged pistons or are you confident that the stock internals will do the job? Does John have an opinion on this?

btw, nice job taking you car to another level. I haven't seen another SS with an E85 tune.
I have been unemployed for about a year now, so the Intercooler has been put on the back burner. But yes I do eventually plan on running the ETS Saab 9000 intercooler. As far as it causing the HP to raise significantly I highly doubt it. Im guessing ill just see my power longer throughout the power band since I wont get heat soaked so quickly.

As far as pistons go Ill probably run on stocks until I do a turbo swap, at which point i will be going with forged pistons, but that is awhile down the road. Not having a job for a year has made me have other priorities besides my car (like getting back to zero debt!)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts