SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an '87 Saab 9000 (Canadian model, nothing too special about it), and well, due to poor maintenance by previous owners, it is falling apart

However, I was wondering: On the dashboard control panel, what does the "HEAT" button actually do? (Found near "FLOOR, VENT", etc)

I first suspected that it's for heated seats (I even put a new fuse in for the heated seats control), yet it seems this button actually doesn't do anything, except light up.

Also, what do the "ECON" and "AUTO" buttons do? And also, is there anyway possible to have the car not instantly blow cabin air at high speed upon ignition? It always starts up like this

Thanks

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
HEAT -> sends air to windshiled vents and lower vents, the ones on your feets. It's good when you're blasting hot air and you want your feet warm, your windows defogged but still be able to breath fresh air

ECON-> everything works as normal but the AC compressor is prevented from engaging.

AUTO-> pretty obviously, the ACC tryes to keep cabin temperature as close as possible to what you've set, modulating fan speed and hot-fresh air blend.

is there anyway possible to have the car not instantly blow cabin air at high speed upon ignition? It always starts up like this
Nope, not in your car. Only ACC2 cars (like '92 and later) have a programmable unit.
You don't leave the temperature setting always on "HI" or "LO", do you? that would explain the systematic air blast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts