SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rolled over a milestone yesterday afternoon... the sun was out, the roads were perfect couldn't have asked for anything more..... :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plenty of life - that said I have replaced a lot of parts in the past few weeks - worn out bits mostly. oh, and I blew a gearbox up in august, the timing chain was changed at 160000 miles, along with HG (and valvetrain etc - previous owner paid for that after snapping a chain, I bought the car at 161k for £500 less than he spent having the engine rebuilt!!)

could use a bit of a suspension refresh, and the bodywork is a bit rough, but it runs smooth as silk.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats! Gotta love milestones.

I am not happy with my 9000 right now... the turbo is kaput and I just had to do brake pads and rotors all the way around last week and a CV axle 3 weeks ago.. I hate when costs happen all at once. :x But hopefully by the time I roll over 200k miles in the next few months I will have a well sorted ride :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats my plan as well! I worked out that i have changed 31 parts big and small since January 1st this year. Annoyingly I have just got in from changing part 32 (tensioner pulley - i was sold 2 idlers by idiots) which i thought would cure the engine speed related little squeak i have recently developed - annoyingly no. its got to be the a/c or water pump - and I don't have the time, money or inclination to change either - squeak goes away when the engine is warm, so though my more sensible self says sort it, the blasé me says it can't be all that bad, annoying but not bad.... :roll:

·
Registered
819 Posts
ts got to be the a/c or water pump - and I don't have the time, money or inclination to change either
yup the cost of even a refurbed aircon compressor is fairly shocking. i think mine is squeeking a bit, but i cant hear it in the car, only noticed it when ive left the car running and got out.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TBH if it was an a/c compressor, I would just short belt, annoyingly I just went out to have a look, after searching, and there is just the tiniest bit of play in the water pump, looks like part 34 is coming up sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Jim, how much is a little? Any idea why it would chirp when it's cold, its only started doing it in the past week or so, and quietens down once the engine is warm....

edit: I am a bit slow, so only just got the damage bit... no damage but covered in clay from the garden centre/falconry centre (i was going to the latter) carpark I pulled into just as the counter clicked over.

·
Registered
307 Posts
just went past 170000.

still steaming on. the old girl. plus i have to admit, it does get ragged everywhere, but it gets VERY well looked after, another oil change tomorrow afternoon, second time in two months.
i do an oil filter and oil filter change after every drag racing event, i attend (one a month).
new JR filter and spark plugs last month.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Nice one !! :cheesy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts