SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed replacement of the turbo. I did prime the turbo before starting. After reconnecting the ignition cassettes and replacing the fuel pump fuse, I started up the motor. It turns over and starts up very quickly... then immediately shuts down. I could only keep it running by pressing the gas pedal hard... but its erratic rpm swings led to shutdown anyway. It will not maintain an idle. I suspect from reading other posts that this may be bypass valve issue or a boost controller issue. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem? Thx!

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Make sure you have everything hooked back up and that there are no loose hoses. Especially check intercooler piping. Sounds like a huge air/boost leak somewhere.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Especially check the intake air pipe to the turbo. It is really tricky to get that on right down below at the turbo. I had similar problems when changing the turbo but got fixed once I got the inlet pipe on correctly. There are also some vacum hoses that attaches to the turbo, make sure you got all of them back on correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Especially check the intake air pipe to the turbo. It is really tricky to get that on right down below at the turbo. I had similar problems when changing the turbo but got fixed once I got the inlet pipe on correctly. There are also some vacum hoses that attaches to the turbo, make sure you got all of them back on correctly.
Much thx to all helpful comments. I went with assumption it was likely something simple. It was a disconnected hose on back of intake manifold. Big air leak....simple problem!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts