SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
First time poster, I tried to look around through the other threads for this problem and although I found ones similar I did not see any about this specific problem. I've had my car for 5 years like on the day and had never replaced the battery until this past week. I woke up and had to move it out of the driveway and was getting the click click click sound and pretty much just assumed the battery had gone. I bought a new Bosch 700b battery from Pep Boys. I am NOT well versed in anything under the hood but figured this task was easy enough to do myself. Took out my old battery replaced it with the new, everything seemed to go fine except for the fact that the Nut & Bolt on the (-) connector got stuck and couldn't seem to be properly tightened, but I had good contact (better than on the positive side which i was able to tighten) so i figured it was ok. Car started fine for about 3 days until I went to leave work the other day and got the click click click sound again. None of the electronics would work and key became stuck in off position. I went under the hood and the (-) connector still looked like it had the same contact as when i put it in but literally all I had to do was touch the (-) connector and it sparked a little and then I heard a beeping and could see that the electronics had come on in the car, started fine. This then happened again twice that day, the solution being to seemingly just tough the (-) connector, without really giving it anymore contact to the battery than it already had, and the car would start. Then this morning I went to move it and it kind of started to give me the click click before it decided I was actually good to go and allowed the car to start. I am not sure what the cause is here, I initially assumed it was because the (-) connector just didn't have good enough contact but when I go in there and barely touch it to make the car start it doesn't seem like i'm really giving it any better contact. Also if that was the issue, wouldn't this morning where it started to click click and then started up ok indicate that that's not really the issue? Seeing as I didn't have to go mess with the connector again? Sorry if the answer to this is as simple as "gets the nut and bolt tightened on the connector" and also sorry for how lengthy this post is I just wanted to make sure I provided all the necessary detail. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've only had my 9-3 for about a year now, but I'll tell you they need to have a really good and clean connection at the battery or you'll get exactly what you're getting now. Pull the negative, give it a good cleaning and figure out how to replace or get the connector nice and tight. Having it clean is very important. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts