SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$462/mo (this does include tax and other fees as well). for a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year on an '05 Arc (list @ 36,400) This is a $0 down lease (except for normal inception fees). Does this payment seem to be in line with what others are paying?

·
Registered
609 Posts
That sounds a little high I think. Not exactly sure though because I don't know how the no money down affects the price. What is the purchase price they are structuring the lease around? Make sure it is GM employee pricing - $3500 for a lease. Try another dealer and see what they quote you as well!;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Comparing payments isnt going to give you the full picture. What are the following numbers?

MSRP
Sales Price
Tax Rate
Capitalized Cost
Money Factor
Residual %

Tax rates can change from state to state. In TX, for example sales tax is 6.25% of purchase price (minus any trade-in). Some states only charge sales tax on the lease payment. Residuals can change from month to month and generally go down.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds a little high as well. My '05 Linear w/ premium MSRP $30.7k or something w/ GMS pricing and incentives got for $25.5k and lease pmt is $350/mo for 15k/yr with $0 down. I think each step up would be $50-$60 per month so an ARC would have been around $400-$410/mo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stupid question, when you lease a vehicle, you are only supposed to be paying for the "portion" of the car that you use during the lease. With this in mind, do you pay sales tax on the entire vehicle or just the amount you are using of it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I believe you pay sales tax on the full amount. Although I am with you and think you would only pay it on what you "use". Which would be helpful here in Missouri because you also pay Personal Property Tax every year and it is figured on the total value of the car, even if it is leased.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was just playing on a couple of lease websites. It appears that if you do not pay the tax up front, but add it to your payment, you only pay taxes on the portion of the car you use. Anyone know what a typical residual value % is on a 2005 93 aero?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was given the following quote on a brand new Steel grey: 9-3 aero stick w/ grey interior, sunroof, heated seats, touring package, 36 mo lease, 15k/year, 417.81/month w/ 2,807.05 down. No negotiation on price of car- $32,702 GMS price then less incentive of $3,500. $29,202.

I believe this is an "out the door" quote using CT 6% sales tax. Figure an extra $30 or so /month for the down payment so $500/month w/ $0 down is my guess on this rate.

just thought i'd share

·
Registered
159 Posts
nphobb01 said:
I was just playing on a couple of lease websites. It appears that if you do not pay the tax up front, but add it to your payment, you only pay taxes on the portion of the car you use. Anyone know what a typical residual value % is on a 2005 93 aero?
As I said in my earlier post, in Texas you pay sales tax on the entire purchase price minus trade-in. Most states only add sales tax to the lease payment. You need to check the rules for each state.

You can check leasecompare.com for info regarding the residual.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey whats up..

Since march ive been looking for a good opportunity to buy a 05 aero completely loaded with navi...
I missed it back in march... it was great chanced missed.. but its all good.

Today i stopped by the dealer, oh my bad.. im from NJ...

MSRP = 39035
My cost , which includes GMS and 3500 off for lease = 31585
Thats 7450 off the msrp.

Ill be leasing for 24 months, with 12k.
residual value = 23431 or 61% with a money factor .00231 or 5.54% , its kinda of high.. but not bad.

with all the inception fees , 2000$ plus another 1000$ to reduce the final price..

My monthly payments are 448$ a month including tax of 25$.

What you guys think? Is it worth it. !

Let me know guys... please..
John

·
Registered
159 Posts
Everything looks good except the MF. Seems a bit high. I would ask the dealer what the "buy" rate is. Let them know that you are willing to give them a margin but not too much. Dont let them fool you into thinking that they are not making any money bc of the employee sales price.

also, try not to put any money down on a lease. put the money in the bank and use it to pay the monthly payment.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ImolaDetail said:
Everything looks good except the MF. Seems a bit high. I would ask the dealer what the "buy" rate is. Let them know that you are willing to give them a margin but not too much. Dont let them fool you into thinking that they are not making any money bc of the employee sales price.

also, try not to put any money down on a lease. put the money in the bank and use it to pay the monthly payment.
The money factor is high... really.. how can i ask the dealer to drop it ... and what you mean by the "buy rate"?

These dealers are making quite alot of money off these incentives and deals...
any suggestions on how i can drop these guys down a bit more.. to get the payment down to 400 a month.

·
Registered
159 Posts
vteccured said:
The money factor is high... really.. how can i ask the dealer to drop it ... and what you mean by the "buy rate"?

These dealers are making quite alot of money off these incentives and deals...
any suggestions on how i can drop these guys down a bit more.. to get the payment down to 400 a month.
The "buy" rate is the rate the bank or the finance company approved you for. The dealer can then increase the rate a certain amount. The spread between buy and contract rate is split between the dealer and the bank.

Ask what the buy rate is. Then increase by .0002. That will give them enough of a spread. Dont put any money down. You are doing the right thing by understanding all the details of a lease. Many ppl get taken advantage of by shopping payment only.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ImolaDetail said:
The "buy" rate is the rate the bank or the finance company approved you for. The dealer can then increase the rate a certain amount. The spread between buy and contract rate is split between the dealer and the bank.

Ask what the buy rate is. Then increase by .0002. That will give them enough of a spread. Dont put any money down. You are doing the right thing by understanding all the details of a lease. Many ppl get taken advantage of by shopping payment only.
i see that you have a 05 aero... did you lease or finance..

if you leased... what was your money factor, and your buy rate..

John

·
Registered
159 Posts
vteccured said:
i see that you have a 05 aero... did you lease or finance..

if you leased... what was your money factor, and your buy rate..

John
I financed.

I would be upfront with the dealer and simply ask. I have not met a dealer that wouldnt tell me. I always let the finance manager know upfront that I am willing to give them some spread.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ImolaDetail said:
I financed.

I would be upfront with the dealer and simply ask. I have not met a dealer that wouldnt tell me. I always let the finance manager know upfront that I am willing to give them some spread.
cool , thanks bro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts