SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I purchased a 2011 4 cyl. premium a few weeks back. This is our 7th Saab, but first of this generation. Overall, i'm very impressed with it. I've read through this forum and the owners manual.
Vehicle has 76k miles and most service records since new (but none from Saab certified dealer service work).

Have some questions for you guys:

1-At times the automatic transmission shifts hard...especially downshifts from 3rd-2nd. Intermittent...there is a receipt where the trans pan gasket was redone with 4 quarts of tranny fluid replaced, but no mention of filter change etc. Does this sound like dirty fluid/filter or possibly a tranny mount going bad? My Saab mechanic is a few hours away so i'd like to DIY.
2-The compass says 'cal', but the manual says keep driving with good satellite reception...any fix for this error?
3-Is there a fuse or way to turn off the daytime driving lights?

·
Super Moderator
1,590 Posts
1. Fluid level could be off, but a flush is a no brainer.
2. The “CAL” is pretty common if you keep your car in a garage when not in use. Usually a good drive will clear that up.
3. Not sure if you can disable them, but it is easy to upgrade them to LED, which prevents the harness plug, lens, and housing from getting too hot

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've found that the transmissions aren't programmed exceptionally well. sometimes ours gets confused and hunts or shifts hard, has always done it but definaley get the fluids checked. (typical procedure for me when i buy a car is dump all fluids sand start fresh)

daytime running lights are likely burnt out. agree with above to upgrade to LED

1 - 3 of 3 Posts