SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks, having just purchased a yellow 4-door viggen on saturday, I just signed up on here today looking for info etc.. Seems like there aren't many yellow ones... Since I can't leave well-enough alone I'm obviously going to mod it a bit, chip, dp, exhaust, suspension.... The other owner of our shop (for Porsches) is a real Saab buff and has owned around ten of them I think... He was looking to get a Viggen a while ago and instead got an aero 9-5 waggon but ever since then I've always liked them. I thought I'd get a blue 99 but the wife said I had to get a "sensible" four door car so I couldn't think of anything else:lol: The ticket-me yellow will go well with green;oops:

It's being transported on Thursday out to Cali so I should have it in around a week or so. In the meantime, plenty of time to look at this stage 3:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/...products_id=193

I know it'll need some bilteins and other suspension work but after that it should be good to go...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
sharkster said:
hey folks, having just purchased a yellow 4-door viggen on saturday, I just signed up on here today looking for info etc.. Seems like there aren't many yellow ones... Since I can't leave well-enough alone I'm obviously going to mod it a bit, chip, dp, exhaust, suspension.... The other owner of our shop (for Porsches) is a real Saab buff and has owned around ten of them I think... He was looking to get a Viggen a while ago and instead got an aero 9-5 waggon but ever since then I've always liked them. I thought I'd get a blue 99 but the wife said I had to get a "sensible" four door car so I couldn't think of anything else:lol: The ticket-me yellow will go well with green;oops:

It's being transported on Thursday out to Cali so I should have it in around a week or so. In the meantime, plenty of time to look at this stage 3:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/...products_id=193

I know it'll need some bilteins and other suspension work but after that it should be good to go...


theres so much i want to steal off your car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
You know this is going to be one of the longest weeks of your life right? :p Let us know how you like it when it gets too you. We've also had some questions about the extra set of wheels. Again, let us know. First though, if I were you I'd start here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
Once you get it in, take off the front and rear bumper covers and the side skirts... they just look horrible.

then pack them up and ship them to me; I'll PM you the address. I know, I know I am a saint for cleaning them up for ya; but hey :lol: :cheesy:

Welcome aboard bud; amazing car to start your Saab journey in for sure! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nocluetim said:
You know this is going to be one of the longest weeks of your life right? :p Let us know how you like it when it gets too you. We've also had some questions about the extra set of wheels. Again, let us know. First though, if I were you I'd start here.
Hey nocluetim, it'll be 7-10 days what with the holidays:evil: It's just about time I had a proper four door car tho;) I've always liked them.... I'll find out what the deal is with those wheels...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99Saabnut said:
Once you get it in, take off the front and rear bumper covers and the side skirts... they just look horrible.

then pack them up and ship them to me; I'll PM you the address. I know, I know I am a saint for cleaning them up for ya; but hey :lol: :cheesy:

Welcome aboard bud; amazing car to start your Saab journey in for sure! ;)
Hehe.. thanks Jason, can't wait to get it, fix whatever niggles there may be and then start modding.. I mean driving it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
thats nice, put some black stripes down it and you got a real good looking viggen.
what are you talking about? you can't JUST put black stripes down, you gotta get the ricer wing too, and the rimZ dawg

ssshh you gots lots to learn bout tuning sonz, its about the looks too LOL

can't stay serious threw that one, oh oh oh that reminds me of a pic i found today.

old guys this might scare you, please look away at this point
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
mfyoung said:
what are you talking about? you can't JUST put black stripes down, you gotta get the ricer wing too, and the rimZ dawg

ssshh you gots lots to learn bout tuning sonz, its about the looks too LOL

can't stay serious threw that one, oh oh oh that reminds me of a pic i found today.

old guys this might scare you, please look away at this point




and yes that is a rice wing on the back of my saab lol, duct tape baby, went out to the street races that night, and took down a 80 iroc camaro lol

i than went to the pca auto-x and proceed to beat many of the boxster (i ran middle pack as far as total cars)

but i finally cut it off, and left it at my buddys house, now its MIA, god that thing was fun to have on, plus it stayed on the car at 100+
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
Ohhhhhh man! Too much too much!
Just kidding you, I've seen worse. ;)

My stripe suggestion was so his car would match the viggen emblem, that would look sick as hell. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,639 Posts
Need...to...change...pants...

Very clean buy. Sorry if I missed or if you want to disclose...but how much did you get it for?

There are only a couple other yellow Viggens from what I've seen. One, you can find in the 'Post your Pics' section, displaying two different sets of wheels [the second being the better, in my opinion]. The other is owned by Vigge, who's pushing about double the hp of your stock Viggen right now :D

Welcome to SC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
One word man.....

B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!!!!! :eek:

As for mfyoung and what he said, I'd make a change to that, there aren't parts I want to steal, I want the whole bloody car! Wonderful pick! Keep it in good shape. As rare as that color is, treat it well to make all of the rest of us Saab owners deathly envious. :evil: :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Put in a new MAF when you get it. Don't use oiled air filters. Rear sway bar, steering rack brace, poly transmission mount, Forge intercooler. I had those on my 00 Viggen and it was transformed into a new car. All available at genuinesaab.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top