SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm one of the first 100 to order the new Turbo X. Woo Hoo!

Will be nice to get back into the Saab family.

Cameron

·
Registered
588 Posts
Cameron Reddy said:
Hi all,

I'm one of the first 100 to order the new Turbo X. Woo Hoo!

Will be nice to get back into the Saab family.

Cameron
Congrats indeed!

Now the big question - Please enlighten us if Saab did in fact honor the current 08 incentives.....?

·
Registered
75 Posts
<<<<< jealous. :) How long did they say for delivery?

Cheers
Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Incentives? I'm too new here to know what they are. I know the dealer, Trio Motors, in Burton Michigan, is a class act.

Actually, I was looking for a 2007 60th Anniv and they were searching for one with HID... and he happened to mention this Turbo X program where I would get on the actual track at the Aero Academy... I jumped at it.

My order sheet actually says price to be determined as Saab apparently didn't give much information to the dealers about the program... available options, if any...

I will say, the only thing sticking in my craw is the lack of Bluetooth... What's up with that?

Delivery is something like May to June. Which is a bummer for me as I don't have a car at the moment (turned in a BMW leased vehicle).

·
Registered
615 Posts
Cameron Reddy said:
Incentives? I'm too new here to know what they are. I know the dealer, Trio Motors, in Burton Michigan, is a class act.

Actually, I was looking for a 2007 60th Anniv and they were searching for one with HID... and he happened to mention this Turbo X program where I would get on the actual track at the Aero Academy... I jumped at it.

My order sheet actually says price to be determined as Saab apparently didn't give much information to the dealers about the program... available options, if any...

I will say, the only thing sticking in my craw is the lack of Bluetooth... What's up with that?

Delivery is something like May to June. Which is a bummer for me as I don't have a car at the moment (turned in a BMW leased vehicle).
I thought that the Aero Academy was standard with any Aero purchase. It was when I bought my MY2006 93 Aero SS. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to go, but I know you'll enjoy it.

G

·
SAABRoma said:
I thought that the Aero Academy was standard with any Aero purchase. It was when I bought my MY2006 93 Aero SS.
They changed the program for the 2008 MY. Any new 2008 Saab owner can participate for $500.

However, it is included when you purchase a Turbo X.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cameron Reddy said:
Incentives? My order sheet actually says price to be determined.
Congratulations, but isn't a bit worrisome to not know that the price is to be determined? Good luck with that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
inyrmnd said:
Congratulations, but isn't a bit worrisome to not know that the price is to be determined? Good luck with that.
Not at all, really. If this were my one of the local dealerships, yes, I'd be worried. Trio Motors has been in the same place for 47 years. Same family. They sell ONLY Saab. No other mark. They are not a GM dealership that also does Saab.

So, all this to say, they are a class act and would never try to pull something over your eyes.

Anyhow, the questions open are really the existence and price of any options. I get the GM supplier discount and, I hope, the Saab owner loyalty discount. Problem with that, apparently, is that I owned a 1990 9000s for 11 years and a 1992 900S for even longer. I fear that this will not qualify me...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cameron Reddy said:
Not at all, really. If this were my one of the local dealerships, yes, I'd be worried. Trio Motors has been in the same place for 47 years. Same family. They sell ONLY Saab. No other mark. They are not a GM dealership that also does Saab.

So, all this to say, they are a class act and would never try to pull something over your eyes.

Anyhow, the questions open are really the existence and price of any options. I get the GM supplier discount and, I hope, the Saab owner loyalty discount. Problem with that, apparently, is that I owned a 1990 9000s for 11 years and a 1992 900S for even longer. I fear that this will not qualify me...
At my dealership, SAAB owner loyalty discount meant that I had to currently own one at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
85 Posts
FLA_SAAB_ DRIVER said:
i ordred mine back when they first anounced it lol
haha yes you did... with a recipt to flaunt...*******. haha w/e though...my 2003 ARC should keep me happy until i'm ready to buy the Turbo-X, myself.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Aero Academy for the Turbo X is a "special" version in which you actually take the car on the Road Atlanta track as opposed to the standard event where you do not.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
GWC said:
Aero Academy for the Turbo X is a "special" version in which you actually take the car on the Road Atlanta track as opposed to the standard event where you do not.
Who insures that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As I understand it, this "special" academy session is designed for the Cross Drive Turbo X cars. It's also my understanding that with these types of courses, the entity that runs the course provides the cars (that was the case when my wife and I took a BMW performance driving class).

Thus, it would seem that the Aero Academy will provide Turbo X cars.

Thanks for the welcome!

Cameron

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
joemama said:
Congrats indeed!

Now the big question - Please enlighten us if Saab did in fact honor the current 08 incentives.....?
Incentives are generally for "in-stock vehicles" only. And being limited edition I doubt anything will be offered especially in the begining--maybe in a year or two as a leftover...

And what's up with those wheels...yuck:suprised;

·
Registered
87 Posts
Please take care of it, I hope to be getting one on the used market one day and I want one in good condition. I am truly jealous. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You guys are funny! Please take care of it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Found out I'm number 11.

Pretty cool, actually.

FYI, the last Saab I owned, a 1990 9000 2.3, I kept for 11 years. My wife had her 1992 900s for 9 years. These are fun cars to keep.

What I'm struggling with is the fact that, at the moment, I do not have ANY car! I turned in my BMW X3 a couple of weeks ago... Good thing I do my thing at home!

Still... not sure how I'm going to wait until March or April...

Cameron

1 - 20 of 32 Posts