SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) just ordered a Hid kit from xenonlink.com 149.00 5000k 3200lumins, brightest on the market, also it has the high beam built it :) here is the link

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Yeah, let us know. I'm not in the market for them at the moment but everytime I look at how yellow my headlights are, I cringe. I think a nice shade of green would match the c0ckpit :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Might I suggest you buy new lenses as well?
otherwise, all your light is scattered about and in no particular direction.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey guys, somewhat off topic sorry. What is the brightist regular bulb we can get for our cars I have a hi beam out.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Warumono said:
Does a company make new lenses?
Genuinesaab.com makes ecode lenses that arent dot legal but w.e they look much nicer
Tyler

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Becarefull with the install, there is a 99 Viggen (currently the motor is toast) that had a hid kit hacked in and the car couldn't pass inspection.

·
Registered
346 Posts
since you on about lenses i thought the hid kit was ok to fit with the standard lenses but i have herd you need the clear lenses (like on the newer 9-3's and that) is this true??? also does the new shape 9-3 lenses fit on the 1998 modles ????

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
brightest temp?
brightest lumens?
or highest wattage?

If the bulbs are direct-fit(pop in place of an h4 bulb) and made to "duplicate" the pattern of an H4, you should be fine. Although, an old, pitted glass lens will destroy the beam/light pattern.

·
Registered
346 Posts
G96nt said:
brightest temp?
brightest lumens?
or highest wattage?

If the bulbs are direct-fit(pop in place of an h4 bulb) and made to "duplicate" the pattern of an H4, you should be fine. Although, an old, pitted glass lens will destroy the beam/light pattern.
o i thought u ment you would need new lenses as i am looking into getting a hid kit (6000k-8000k) for under £100 delivered wooooo.

but would the clear lenses off the newer 9-3s fir a '89 9-3 ???

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I would guess not.

It sounds like that kit uses "HID" H4 bulbs in place of your halogen H4's,
so there's no need to change them, though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea there both new headlights anyway due to an accident in mcdonalds drivethrough, and the bulbs are direct replacement for the 9003-h4 bulbs, thats why i got them, it would be cool if they even made cleare lens id be in heven

·
Registered
346 Posts
TheSwede221 said:
yea there both new headlights anyway due to an accident in mcdonalds drivethrough, and the bulbs are direct replacement for the 9003-h4 bulbs, thats why i got them, it would be cool if they even made cleare lens id be in heven
i know the clear headlights look alot better thats why i was asking would be intresting to find out if we could get any to fit our cars

·
Registered
20 Posts
TheSwede221 said:
:) just ordered a Hid kit from xenonlink.com 149.00 5000k 3200lumins, brightest on the market, also it has the high beam built it :) here is the link

I bought these and installed them in my Viggen last week. It is literally a plug and play kit, installation is as easy as changing a regular bulb would be. The HID low beams are phenomenal, even with stock lenses the dispersion is still fine. However the "high beams" suck major *****, they are worse than the stock low beams were, and are less bright than the HID low beams! E-code lenses might help the high beams, but I think I am going to add some auxiliary driving lights on a seperate switch instead...

·
Registered
137 Posts
ParaMedic_Saab said:
I have the Osram +95 or something like that. They have been the brightest and whitest bulb I have ever used. I have tried the Silvania ultrastart or whatever. They were good, but these have been the best.

http://store.candlepower.com/bconibr90ulh2.html

The main difference I see with this bulb, is the distance the light travels, quite impressive.
Do you have any pics, Im probably going to order these.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.