SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i love it...i also have their polyeurethane tranny mount on the car also

the stock mount was destroyed and now i can actually floor it in first gear and when i floor it in second you cant hear the motor shift around... it seems like it gets better traction and it makes me wanna beat on it even more

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yea, both my tranny and front motor mounts are shot, are these worth the extra money in your opinion? Also, how is the vibration now with both of them?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
white96850turbo said:
Yea, both my tranny and front motor mounts are shot, are these worth the extra money in your opinion? Also, how is the vibration now with both of them?

COMPLETELY worth the money

it idles like stock.....it actually seems to idle smoother (less vibration) now than it did with the GS tranny mount and stock motor mount. the car feels much different and better

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I already have the tranny mount, but what would you say are the main advantages of the engine mount, besides the uprated strength?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9-3sleeper said:
I already have the tranny mount, but what would you say are the main advantages of the engine mount, besides the uprated strength?
well if your motor mount isnt messed up i honestly dont know, my motor mount was shot and the difference is much more than noticable.... i absolutly love it, i went out for a drive just because the car has never shifted so nice and i wanted to drive it for fun...that hasnt happened in a long time. it shifts much smoother and there is virtually no motor movement.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ive fitted both the engine and transmission mounts and im not convinced. the fit is poor for starts the transmission mount sits the gearbox 15mm lower and the engine mount is 10mm higher so it all sits on a slant now. also the engine mounting holes didnt line up an i had to mill one out to make it fit. as for vibration its much worse at idle feels like is miss firing almost but it clears up as the revs rise. it does make the gear change a tad better though. now though i have a light weight flywheel, lightened and balanced crank and no balancer shafts so the vibration is un believeable bellow 3krpm but ill put up with it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
crazybrightbrightman said:
ive fitted both the engine and transmission mounts and im not convinced. the fit is poor for starts the transmission mount sits the gearbox 15mm lower and the engine mount is 10mm higher so it all sits on a slant now. also the engine mounting holes didnt line up an i had to mill one out to make it fit. as for vibration its much worse at idle feels like is miss firing almost but it clears up as the revs rise. it does make the gear change a tad better though. now though i have a light weight flywheel, lightened and balanced crank and no balancer shafts so the vibration is un believeable bellow 3krpm but ill put up with it.
I hear a lot about this, but what does removing the balancer shafts do for you?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
both my mounts fit perfect and bolted directly in with no issues and i hardly have any vibration at idle

i think in total it took like an hour to install both of them

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I also fitted gearbox mount and it is/was a perfect fit.

·
Banned
736 Posts
same thing happen with me, it was a ****** getting it all to fit right and then my tranny was lower and the engine was up. it does shift alot better but im not sure if im happy with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts