SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around to finish off my exhaust on my 2002 9-3 Aero. I already had the Genuine Saab 3" S/S downpipe and race cat, and today I just got the the Abbott 3" S/S cat back with the 6" squared-oval single finisher backbox installed.

This cat back system is freakin magic and has really transformed the sound of the car and increased the torque response quite a lot - especially in 2nd and 3rd gears. It has a really nice burble at idle that blows out to a banshee howl at WOT. Just incredible sounding. This cat back system is not the cheapest but it about the only specific Saab 3" system available here without shipping from overseas.

Took some pics and recorded some sound (just make sure your turn your speakers up as it isn't the cleanest recording). So this is a GS 3" S/S DP mated with an Abbott Racing 3" S/S cat back:

At idle with a throttle blip:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~sbunton/sleds/snds/93aero_3inch_abbott_exhaust_idle.mp3

Through 1st and 2nd gear:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~sbunton/sleds/snds/93aero_3inch_abbott_exhaust_1.mp3

Will need to take a few more sound clips. We have a Club dyno day coming up here at end of October so will record that too!

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I do like the Abbot tip. Isn't JT handy over there?
Mine came drop-shipped from Sweden.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where did you get your 3" downpipe?
Did you get it from Swedish Prestige?
How much did you pay for it?
I got quoted $1200 last week from the above how does that compare?

I got my mbc+a installed last week - wooohooooo:D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the comments! I am loving it too!

G96> Havent seen the JT system available locally here unfortunately. Of course i could have gone to a local place to get a system up, but then you don't really know what you are getting... at least with this abbott system it is built specifically and proven. Very well made too.

Beaker> I got the 3" Downpipe from Nick at Genuine Saab over in the USA, and just got it shipped here. Worked out to be cheaper than the Abbott one (or the whole Abbott kit) and IMO just as good quality and workmanship. The GS one also came with a hi flow racing cat. Check out genuinesaab.com for prices there.

Then I just got the cat back with the rear box from Dean at Swedish Prestige. Was about $975 for that. I think the whole Abbott system was around $2,000.

Cheers
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts