SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They said with my car there is a company that parrot works with that can full integrate everything into my Saab 93 ('07). He said wholesale is about $450 and it would be about $500 dollars to me. He said he looked it up... said he hadn't actually done my car but did it to a VW (which is just like mine), and that it would work with the steering wheel controls and the information would come up on my SID or radio (in other words it would be fully integrated into my car)

My impression was that this was not possible.... could this be real?

Edit:
Do you guys have any questions that I should ask him... This sounds very nice if true..

·
Registered
267 Posts
From what I understand, the steering wheel controls will only access the onstar option, but the SID will display info for BT.

I wonder how many sales GM has lost because of this. This is myt least favorite thing about the car.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm very skeptical but listening to see if it can be done. Let us know if you find out specifics (brand, model number, etc). Again, I'm very skeptical...

With all the outdated Onstar modules out there, I'm really surprised a company hasn't figured out a way to replace these dead units with BT units that use the existing Onstar controls.

·
Registered
253 Posts
As a data point, with the "pre-wiring" that comes with Premium audio pkg on the 07, the only "displayed" info with the Motorola IHF1000 unit is the word (and symbol) "Telephone" on the stereo display. There is no info on the SID.

Edit: the volume up/down buttons works, but not the green/red phone buttons. Total cost (self-installed) for IHF+harness was $140.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts