SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the 6-disk cd changer, do you need to push the button for the disk slot, then feed the disk? You can't just feed it a disk? It seems really slow....

Wow, what a poor radio system. Previous owner had a subwoofer wired into the system, and left the wires in there for me. It seems as though it is wired off the rear speaker to get sound. Is this the proper way to do it?

He told me that he replaced the front speakers, but they still sound bad. Will those Boston Accoustics that are in the stickies make THAT much of a difference? I need something better than what is in there now.

Aux-In for my sirius. Is this the only way to use my sirius without going through the radio station? Do these stereos have the regular wire for the antenna, so I can use the hard wired fm modulator, like I had in my wifes accord? I take it if I don't see Aux-in on the screen, the dealer has to install it through tech II?

My sunroof cover seems to have fallen off track, and it won't go back all the way, so the sunroof can't function properly, does anyone have a diagram of how to get it on track, or a diagram of the sunroof assembly?

DRLs, those can only be disabled by the dealer through tech II?

There is a load groan coming from the front of the car, only when I brake. The previous owner said it started happening when he did the brakes. Can that be the only reason for it, or could it be a suspension groan?

What leather conditioner/cleaner/softener do you guys use, I tried Blue Magic, and din't like the conditioner at all. I would prefer it to be over the counter.

The Saab symbol in the steering wheel has a dent in it. Can I just pull that off and straighten it out, or is it part of the steering wheel? Do they sell it seperatly?

I tried starting in second (more like a rolling start) and the car grumbled and shook, almost sounded like a gear slipping. Is this normal for saab. My previous car would just stall.

I love the way the car dives, it handles amazingly. It is a 2003 Linear, with the aero package? It has the 17in wheels, painted ground effects, and it seems to sit a little lower. I bought it with 63K on it for 10.6K

·
Super Moderator
20,336 Posts
I have the 6-disk cd changer, do you need to push the button for the disk slot, then feed the disk? You can't just feed it a disk? It seems really slow....

That's how it works.

Wow, what a poor radio system. Previous owner had a subwoofer wired into the system, and left the wires in there for me. It seems as though it is wired off the rear speaker to get sound. Is this the proper way to do it?

The previous owner did not use the correct speakers for a signal. Use 6.5's in door with 7 speaker setup.

He told me that he replaced the front speakers, but they still sound bad. Will those Boston Accoustics that are in the stickies make THAT much of a difference? I need something better than what is in there now.

IMO, yes.

Aux-In for my sirius. Is this the only way to use my sirius without going through the radio station? Do these stereos have the regular wire for the antenna, so I can use the hard wired fm modulator, like I had in my wifes accord? I take it if I don't see Aux-in on the screen, the dealer has to install it through tech II?

Dunno.

My sunroof cover seems to have fallen off track, and it won't go back all the way, so the sunroof can't function properly, does anyone have a diagram of how to get it on track, or a diagram of the sunroof assembly?

Maybe someone can help, I'm at work.

DRLs, those can only be disabled by the dealer through tech II?

If they will allow it. Most won't.

There is a load groan coming from the front of the car, only when I brake. The previous owner said it started happening when he did the brakes. Can that be the only reason for it, or could it be a suspension groan?

Sounds like he F'd up something.

What leather conditioner/cleaner/softener do you guys use, I tried Blue Magic, and din't like the conditioner at all. I would prefer it to be over the counter.

Never used one.

The Saab symbol in the steering wheel has a dent in it. Can I just pull that off and straighten it out, or is it part of the steering wheel? Do they sell it seperatly?

Dunno.

I tried starting in second (more like a rolling start) and the car grumbled and shook, almost sounded like a gear slipping. Is this normal for saab. My previous car would just stall.

Mine's an auto but starts in 2nd fine.

I love the way the car dives, it handles amazingly. It is a 2003 Linear, with the aero package? It has the 17in wheels, painted ground effects, and it seems to sit a little lower. I bought it with 63K on it for 10.6K

Launch Package.

·
Registered
170 Posts
here are some answers

I have an 03 Vector. Here are some answers to your questions (I believe they are correct, If you want you can search the forum though...)

Disc Player-press the disc number, then wait for it to open and accept a disc. It is a little slow, but its a six disc changer, I think its okay.

I believe that the existing system is Pioneer. Pioneer is a good speaker for the money if you get a nice set. (try best buy)

An aux in, this can be a pricey alternative to the fm modulator option for sirius. You need to buy a kit from the dealer, them program your stereo to recognize the input. I have sirius and just did the fm modulator route my self.

no info on the sun roof.

DRL's can be disabled. I just read a post the other day. If your dealer doesnt know how, there are instructions on this forum on how to program a tech 2 to do it.

The loud groan could be brakes, maybe front suspension. Maybe the rotors were in need of replacement or turning and the last guy just did the pads?

I use meguiars leather cleaner, available at pep boys, its in a maroon bottle, I used it a few times so far and so far so good... (I have parchment white interior).

Dont know about the steering wheel badge, call the dealer and ask.

Dont know about the rolling start, I always just turn the key...

As far as I know, the linear is the 2.0t, right? not 2.0T? that motor is 175 horse. I never heard of a linear with the aero package though. As far as I know, the Vector is now called the Aero. The people at my dealer told me that they had to start calling them Aeros as the vector name had issues for some reason.

Hope this is helpful. I am kind of new but I check the forum fairly often, I dont do many posts though.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An aux in, this can be a pricey alternative to the fm modulator option for sirius. You need to buy a kit from the dealer, them program your stereo to recognize the input. I have sirius and just did the fm modulator route my self. Did you use the hard wired FM modulator, or are you going through a unused raiod station? Are you using this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ysEqCPCPJWy/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=251550&I=60714110

The loud groan could be brakes, maybe front suspension. Maybe the rotors were in need of replacement or turning and the last guy just did the pads? I was told pads and rotors were done, and looking at it, they were both done. The car brakes fine, it just moans when it comes to a near stop.

I use meguiars leather cleaner, available at pep boys, its in a maroon bottle, I used it a few times so far and so far so good... (I have parchment white interior). I'll take a look at it

Dont know about the rolling start, I always just turn the key... The car is started, I just start from an almost stop in second gear.

As far as I know, the linear is the 2.0t, right? not 2.0T? that motor is 175 horse. I never heard of a linear with the aero package though. As far as I know, the Vector is now called the Aero. The people at my dealer told me that they had to start calling them Aeros as the vector name had issues for some reason. It is the 175hp, but it has larger wheels and such. I thought the launch package was only on autos, its 5-speed

Hope this is helpful. I am kind of new but I check the forum fairly often, I dont do many posts though.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Hey good price. Mine 03' loaded Linear with 105,000 miles sold for $10,000 a few months ago however it was like new insided and out. Drove almost like new too.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The previous owner did not use the correct speakers for a signal. Use 6.5's in door with 7 speaker setup. Which speakers should I wire it off of?

Launch Package. I thought that was only for auto, I have a 5-speed.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cosmicflash said:
Hey good price. Mine 03' loaded Linear with 105,000 miles sold for $10,000 a few months ago however it was like new insided and out. Drove almost like new too.
Thanks! I took the car to a dealership to get inspected, and they said they weren't sure what the groan was, but they thought it was OK. When we negotiated on price, I knew the car needed some work and I was OK with that.

It needs new rear brakes/pads, alignment, and serpentine belt. I am unsure of what happened with the sunroof, because it worked fine when the car was inspected.

·
Registered
885 Posts
An aux in, this can be a pricey alternative to the fm modulator option for sirius. You need to buy a kit from the dealer, them program your stereo to recognize the input. I have sirius and just did the fm modulator route my self. Did you use the hard wired FM modulator, or are you going through a unused raiod station? Are you using this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ysEqCPCPJWy/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=251550&I=60714110

Aux in should cost $15 for the wire, and no more than $50 for the install from dealer -- alternative, is get the wire yourself, and install, then have dealer TechII it for $25.

Dont know about the rolling start, I always just turn the key... The car is started, I just start from an almost stop in second gear.

no car wants to move in second from a stop. Mine will do so with finesse, but its definitely not happy. as for stuttering and stalling, that's the engine management trying not to stall.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So the link I posted will NOT work. I know Aux-in is cheap, but I have one of those wires sitting around. So its free, rather than $40. Basically does the car have a normal antenna, or is it fiber optic?

i guess i can just pull it and look.

Also, how would I know if the Aux-in is already wired? Would it show up on my screen? I have radio, disk, phone, system

·
Registered
885 Posts
robhurlburt said:
So the link I posted will NOT work. I know Aux-in is cheap, but I have one of those wires sitting around. So its free, rather than $40. Basically does the car have a normal antenna, or is it fiber optic?

i guess i can just pull it and look.

Also, how would I know if the Aux-in is already wired? Would it show up on my screen? I have radio, disk, phone, system
it's got a 'normal' antenna, but the connector is different, you'd likely need an adaptor.

to know if you have aux, hit disc button twice. or open up the center console (arm rest), and look next to your cig lighter for a jack.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I clicked the SRC button, and guess what, AUX is already programmed in! Now I am going to ge the wire and I should be set. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Whew, aftermarket stereo installs can be difficult to untangle. Check impedence and MHz range response of factory speakers vs. what you have if you're having strange speaker response.

I've 'fixed' two aftermarket installs easily by re-running wire or linking to existing wire that's difficult to re-run... while ignoring all past goofiness. Also have to watch out for other electrical gremlins that occur when a DIY hooks up his own stereo and pinches or 'stuffs' wire in tight places or against other important wires.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Melovesha said:
your dealer should have it for $35.

you can also make it yourself for $10.
well if the dealer has it, would you know the P/N? I called them and they had no idea.

I would rather make it if it can be done for $10, but can't find any instructions for it....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts