SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They did all of the other program changes for free but charged me for the Aux in. I was a little unhappy with the service guy to say the least.

Plus I gave them a detailed list of all the changes I wanted done. The service guy argued with me saying that ½ of them weren’t even options. But low and behold after asking the tech they were.

I’m happy that I have the aux enabled but a little leery of the dealer down the road.

I still love my car.

Derek

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dealer said it's $100 just to do the code... I said, go take a hike!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dexter said:
They did all of the other program changes for free but charged me for the Aux in. I was a little unhappy with the service guy to say the least.

Plus I gave them a detailed list of all the changes I wanted done. The service guy argued with me saying that ½ of them weren’t even options. But low and behold after asking the tech they were.

I'm picking up my new 9-3 on Monday. Doesn't it come enabled..or should I request it before I take possession of the car.

Jeffrey

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
jsgross said:
I'm picking up my new 9-3 on Monday. Doesn't it come enabled..or should I request it before I take possession of the car.

Jeffrey
I would have them to it prior to taking possession as you can most likely get them to do it for free.

Otherwise, $40 US is a fair price to pay to have it enabled, however, as they were already doing TechII changes, I don't know why they charged you....

Also, I don't think the installation should take no more than 30 min. labour. My tech installed it for the first time and it took 30 min. Granted, I sent the visual instructions ahead of time....

Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem I was just venting... You would think that after buying a 30k (list value) car that they would be nice to you on the first 30 day service.

My last car a Toyota cost 1/2 as much and there service people were always help full and friendly. I was just a little taken a little back that’s all.

D.

·
Registered
638 Posts
at my dealer, the enabling of aux-in was free, as it was one of the customizations, but the cable install was $40.

JMH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts