SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the dreaded code, I heard fuel pumps were expensive but you can't even find them in stock. I found a spectra one on rock auto. Has anyone had luck with these? I ordered this relay- 12796772 because someone said they had some luck with it but knowing me and my long history with this forum and these cars, I won't be lucky and I'll have to swap the pump.

There are no performance issues to note. The car drives fine. I have to get it smogged and I'm worried about this.

I'm terrified of running into the situation I did with my 04 Aero where I got a Pro Parts Sweden one, did the job on a hot summer day only to have the car stall AND filled with fuel and get feedback about how terrible anything made by them is (It's true)

I had to order a T1 Auto pump and do the job all over again.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heard about this, it's out of stock on Amazon unless there's another source?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Returned relay, grabbed a fuel pressure sensor as it may help but I can't find the pump in stock except for the ones on rockauto. Dunno if they're good or not.

·
Registered
951 Posts
There's been a few on the another page that runs the Spectra pump with no issues...in fact i have not heard of anyone having issues with the Spectra pump. If you want to come out to Lake Elsinore, I have some of that cleaner you can run through the fuel rail. It may or may not work... it didn't work for long on my previous Aero BUT it has worked on my TurboX for almost a year now ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May just take you up on that as I'm headed to the OC later this week.

Any links? I had such a horrible experience replacing the fuel pump last summer. It was the second time I had ever done the job. The first time was on a lift at a garage and a friend, we did it in like an hour.

I do plan to tune this thing to a stage0/1 (depending on the tuner) so I'm worried about going aftermarket.

Apart from that, the car runs great, I've changed the oil, replaced the air filter, a couple of bulbs. This is the fourth Saab I've owned and even the interior is in really good shape. Spent a couple of hours fiddling with Tech2 settings and listing some of the options I'm going to add (SPA, Auto-dimming, etc)

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you have the Torque app use it to see what your fuel pump is doing. If your pump is still good I wouldn't worry about it too much but passing smog will be an issue with the code. When I replaced the pump it was done at Mike's shop...Swedish Autotech. The code went away and stayed away up to when I sold the Aero. Now my TX had the same code when I bought it last year but ran the cleaner through it and have not had the code for a year now. I may be going on that Lake Arrowhead run with the SoCal Saab club in a couple of weeks are you going or do you know about it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts