SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I'm newly registered although I've been using this site for valuable information about my 9k Aero. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to buy a 97 900S as a backup for my other SAAB. The car has 107k miles. Anyway, I guess I'm hooked on SAABs.

I bought this car from a guy who had the car sitting in his garage for 6 months. The car won't start. Put in a new battery, checked gas tank, it rotates and cranks but it doesn't start. There is no spark and it seems like gas is not reaching the injectors.

Thy previous owner told me that the car died while driving a couple of times, but after a while it started again fine. I suspect many things except the DIC (cause I don't have one :cheesy:) what should I be looking at? Distributor cap and coil seem to be OK. My friend checked some codes and he detected a failure with the coolant temp sensor, but that's it.

Thank you guys in advance for your help, I'm sure you'll be able to lend me a hand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CPS is my main suspect. My friend checked the resistance and he says he's getting 0 ohms, is that even possible? Is there any other way to test it? If that probes to be the culprit? Where can I get the one for cheap .... other than stealing it from my neighbor's Saab? :p

Yes, I got it for cheap and I want to keep it that way, so I'm trying to bring it up to life myself.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Hmmm eEuroparts has it for $99, thesaabsite has it for $115 and GS has it for a whopping $141! I seem to have forgotten how expensive that is???? :confused:

Don't buy a non OEM sensor, they're not as reliable :cry:

Since you got the car cheap and you're doing your own work, it won't matter much that it's $99. $28 would've been better though :cry:

Since you never started the car and don't know the condition of the engine you may be better off buying a used sensor for now. No need to pay in excess of $100 only to find out that the car runs like crap! In most cases those old NGs had that sensor replaced anyway. Check the junk yards close to you, you may get one that is relatively new for $10 or less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts