SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A coworker sold me this car in great condition at an even greater price. I love it a lot (i used to have 2 different 9-5 at different time) Its nice to be back in a saab again! So far I have washed and waxed it, installed some infinity speakers in the rear. I have some kickers coming tomorrow for the dash. It came with a 9-3 grill but I would love to get my hands on a rear reflector panel from 96-98. Also the backseat is nice but the front seats are not good at all. Hopefully I can find some nicer seats somewhere...Anyway, here are some pics and thanks for looking! The emblems are gone too which sucks.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Only very high quality chrome plating will last (define last)..
Try to keep the emblems shaded from the sun at all times..:D:cheesy:
Leather is durable, IF one really babies it, which 0.1 percent do.
Better is sheepskin, but leather looks and smells better...
Great pics, great car, and, IMO, a great PO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thanks it drives like a dream! I put the other new front speakers in and it sounds pretty good. Its not like my harman kardon I had in the 9-5 but its plenty loud. I think it needs the door speakers but that seems very hard to do =(

·
Registered
556 Posts
Nice. Just like my car. You know the door speakers are subs, right?

Is your oil light coming on when the ignition is turned on?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Isn't it a great feeling to get back into a Saab?!?! Why do we leave them????
I've made that mistake twice with motorcycles. I left Aprilia twice and now I'm there to stay. Maybe I'll be smart enough to do the same here, just stay. And I sell Fords LOL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks again! No lights on the dash. just on startup then they all go away. Everything has been done on this car hehe. And...I actually didnt leave Saab on purpose. I had some parking tickets in Chicago and I could not afford to pay them at the time so my 02 9-5 arc was taken...blah...After that I had a Geo Metro, a 95 mercury mystique...then a cavalier. And then somehow...this 900 popped up and I can't even believe that it worked out and Im driving a Saab again. Its just like riding a bike, you don't forget haha. I love the saab "essence" you just don't get in other cars...I cannot explain it but I'm sure you all know. And I missed the Saab smell! Oh I could go on and on...:cheesy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
speakers

And yes, I know they are mid bass speakers or something? I want to replace them but I dont know with what (need to be frugal) and I dont know how. I saw the diagram on how to do it but I am scared ill break something...everything works I dont want it not to work haha. The door speakers just make a noise like "phhhttttt" is the best way to explain it. You cant hear it unless you put your ears down there. thanks for your input!

·
Registered
401 Posts
And yes, I know they are mid bass speakers or something? I want to replace them but I dont know with what (need to be frugal) and I dont know how. I saw the diagram on how to do it but I am scared ill break something...everything works I dont want it not to work haha. The door speakers just make a noise like "phhhttttt" is the best way to explain it. You cant hear it unless you put your ears down there. thanks for your input!
Amazon.com: Pyramid W64 6.5-Inch 200 Watt MidBass Poly Woofer: Car Electronics

I put them in my car, currently running 100 watts RMS. You have to trim the speaker mount (a dremel tool really really really helps) but otherwise these work, are $25 for a set, and do their job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts