SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2007 saab 9-3 for a steal of a price with only 80k miles on it, and there are a couple of things I'm struggling to figure out. Any help with them would be greatly appreciated.

-How do I check my MPG?
-Why does the air conditioning always come on automatically? Every time I start up the car, I have to press the "AC off" button to turn it off, and even then, sometimes it will turn itself back on when I turn the fans from off to on. I doubt there is, but is there anyway to prevent this from happening? Is this just a problem with my specific car?
-How do you make it so every time you turn on the car, the stereo settings (bass, middle and treble) don't reset? The previous owner had them all low and I have to reset them to max every time I turn the car on.
-When I first bought the car, on the drive home, I noticed the heated seats wouldn't turn on, and the traction control wouldn't turn off, and even while it was on, I was burning out on simple turns (I need new tires anyways). I thought this was strange, because if I'm burning out this badly with traction control on, then it must be horrible with it off. Then, eventually I was able to turn the heated seats on, and traction control seemed to get a lot better. I turned it off just to see what would happen, and then the traction control off light came on on the gauge cluster, and it was driving just like it was before. So what must've happened is that the traction control was off, didn't display the off light, and wouldn't let me turn it on. This has only happened once, but it's still something that I feel like should be taken care of. Is this a common problem?

Again, thank you for anyone willing to help me with this

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi (V6, 6AT)
68 Posts
I believe you will be able to reset the HVAC settings in the SID. I think your's is currently set to "Auto". There should be a setting to have it remain off until you manually engage the system. You will find the MPG display in the SID settings as well.

Not really sure about the traction control/heated seat issue. If this forum has taught me anything...it's check the battery first. I had a few weird electrical gremlins disappear after replacing my 5 year old battery. It seems like most people are getting 2-3 years out of a battery, so if your's is older than that, just go ahead and replace it. It's almost preventative maintenance for our cars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
the heated seats only come on if your climate control is "on". There are 3 different settings (of the fan speed knob).
1. left most position - everything off (heated seat button will not do anything here)
2. one click to the right - technically on but the fan doesn't come on ( this is when you can turn on your heated seats)
3. one more click to the right - everything on including the fans and heated seats.

I got my 07 aero about a month ago. Still figuring out the quirks, I love it! haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe you will be able to reset the HVAC settings in the SID. I think your's is currently set to "Auto". There should be a setting to have it remain off until you manually engage the system. You will find the MPG display in the SID settings as well.

Not really sure about the traction control/heated seat issue. If this forum has taught me anything...it's check the battery first. I had a few weird electrical gremlins disappear after replacing my 5 year old battery. It seems like most people are getting 2-3 years out of a battery, so if your's is older than that, just go ahead and replace it. It's almost preventative maintenance for our cars.
How do I access the SID? I looked it up and it says it's the menu under the spedometer, but whenever there's anything wrong with the car, whether it be wiper fluid low or "Time for service", the SID shows nothing other than the warning message and I can't figure out how to make it go away (however it does go away when the doors open lol). Pressing the little nub in between the tachometer and the speedometer does nothing either. I've tried editing the air conditioning and the mpg from the radio system, but to no avail. And even with the SID clear, I can't figure out how to interact with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Never mind, I found out how to clear the SID, I just have to press the clear button on the steering wheel lol, I don't know how I didn't see that. However I still can't figure out how to do the air conditioning

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi (V6, 6AT)
68 Posts
I'm realizing now that you have an '07 and not a '06 like I previously thought...

In my '06, you are able to access the SID settings by pressing the round knob in, scrolling down, and selecting the settings menu. From there you can configure all sorts of things...automatic wiper sensitivity, HVAC controls, etc.

For what it's worth, it also took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that "clear" removes the SID messages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts