SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just changed the plugs on 2.8 and I had a few questions. The first photo is of my spark plugs and the order of which they fire. If I'm correct its 1 is on the upper left towards the passenger side and 2 directly below, 3 in the middle then 4 below and 5 in the upper right driver side corner and 6 below it. My plugs worry me because there on the white side and make me feel that the car is running lean. Mods to the car include Vtuner stage 0, intercooler, intake, and straight pipe exhaust with cats.

I installed the Denso Iridium plugs that Vtuner uses in his tunes as I plan to have him tune my car once I figure out my internals and tuning situation.

Also in the picture below, the plastic diaphragm thing broke off awhile ago. I put glue around it and it stays but I want to replace the thing so it's done correctly and not hilly billy racing. Anyone know where I can get just the diaphragm?

Sorry for my half *** arrow

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. ya it just seemed that the plugs should be a little more brownish but maybe it's just me.

**** And sorry about the plug picture. Its suppose to be
246 for the order. Haha don't drink and write it doesn't work. But the car does work haha

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
for the diaphram (mine broke but it was covered under warranty) go to the dealer, from what i was told its not especially expensive (like $40)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Seems like every ones check valve breaks. When you get the part member, let us know. I want to order it and I don't want to have to go to the dealership to get the part number.

I'll be doing my spark plugs this summer so it will be a good time to finally replace the check valve.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
So are you Vtuned or not? You say you're going to get his tune but sig says your tuned...

And Brian says Irridium huh? I thought Irridium were not to be used in turbo cars.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm tuned with stage 0 with some extras. I'm tearing down the motor to do internals this month and other mods. Brian and me have talked about doing custom tunin for me with my new set up I'm doing.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I'm tuned with stage 0 with some extras. I'm tearing down the motor to do internals this month and other mods. Brian and me have talked about doing custom tunin for me with my new set up I'm doing.
You're going to tear down the motor?:suprised; And I think I met you at the Saab gather last Fall.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Hey my plastic little diaphragm broke a while back, I used electrical tape to fix it. Do you know where to get another?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're going to tear down the motor?:suprised; And I think I met you at the Saab gather last Fall.

Ya. I want to clear a few things up with Brian and talking to a few other guys around here on ways to make what I plan on doing work before I tear my baby down. But hoping to start this project next weekend as I finally got another car. Plan on swapping out the internals and make it a 3.0 from a 2.8 Next weekend my car will be at my buddies shop and were going to take measurements on doing custom headers and what not. A lot of work but trying to do something no one has ever seen on a saab :cheesy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts