SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 2004 Arc Vert with 118000 miles. Black/Black with Tan? (Parchment?) interior.

Drives nice, has plenty of power, brakes solid.

Just a few minor issues:

Headlight switch is missing the two clips that are supposed to hold it into dash, any chance anyone has a defective switch that the clips can be transferred to another switch? or do I need to get a whole new switch? It works fine not sure how the clips are missing.

Random drivers door lock issue works most of the time but not always. If I operate with the key it usually works again for awhile.

Obviously the car is not perfect with that many miles but the top works fine, is there any maintenance that can be done to prolong that mechanism like changing the oil in the convertible top system? Is the oil in that system hydroscopic. Just would like to avoid a big bill if possible.

I posted a few weeks ago that I was looking and found the info that people gave me very helpfull. Just wanted to say Thanks!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Just a few minor issues:

Headlight switch is missing the two clips that are supposed to hold it into dash, any chance anyone has a defective switch that the clips can be transferred to another switch? or do I need to get a whole new switch? It works fine not sure how the clips are missing.

Random drivers door lock issue works most of the time but not always. If I operate with the key it usually works again for awhile.

Obviously the car is not perfect with that many miles but the top works fine, is there any maintenance that can be done to prolong that mechanism like changing the oil in the convertible top system? Is the oil in that system hydroscopic. Just would like to avoid a big bill if possible.

I posted a few weeks ago that I was looking and found the info that people gave me very helpfull. Just wanted to say Thanks!
welcome ;ol;

1. i've never seen that, hopefully someone else can help with that one
2. for most weird electrical problems, pull the negative battery terminal for about 15 min (keep in mind you'll lose your time settings and saved radio stations)

·
Registered
397 Posts

Just a few minor issues:

Regarding the headlight switch, I used a couple of blobs of clear glue on the bottom of my switch 2 years ago and it's been rock solid thru summers and winters. Did this before I even knew about missing clips. I used some of that cheap E600 glue you see in many stores which is actually pretty good stuff. Thicker than the typical "super glue" stuff. I'll bet some good silicone caulk would hold it as well but glue is probably best. Some of that Gorilla glue you see everywhere from Walmart to Home Depot should do it as well. Go get some and try it - should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts