SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bouught a 96 aero. Black on Black, 5speed. Its everything I thought it would be, a blast to drive. It does take a little getting used to coming from a 2.3 n/a 900 though. Its a bit less powerfull on the very low end so I have to shift a little differently than I used to. Other than that its a rocket ship compared to the 97 900s. Looking forward to modding it a little bit. has anyone ever fitted an exhaust dump valve on their 9000? I was thinking it would be kinda fun, and would make it so I wouldn't have to get a full 3'' exhaust, just the DP and then a boost regulated dump valve. what do you think?

·
Registered
252 Posts
congrats man!!! how many miles!? pictures pleaaasee!!!

Def do a DP :D. mine came with full 3inch turbo back from the p.o. , it hauls ball$ compared to my dads 9-5 :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice choice. The Aero has a longer range gearing, which means initially slower off the mark but higher top end. The down pipe is a good mod which will be noticed over 4500 revs, plus a performance air filter will help too.

I cant say what i've had out of my aero as it is against the law, but all i will say is that it will break the uk speed limit in second gear (70mph motorways) & get there quick too with the mods i have.

·
Registered
414 Posts
black on black obd2 ehh???nice nice....mileage....u just gotta get used to the bigger turbo...take a bit longer to spool....with the intake and full 3inch turboback...that really helps the spool time and give u a noticeable amount of power.....all those mods u ask if anyone has...i have them on my black on tan 1995 aero.....the thing about the car....besides the clear corners and the shiny tip of the exhaust...you would have no clue things were done to it unless i decide to drive in boost...but cruising around town is great....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts