SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I just bought my first Saab, a 9-5 Wagon with the sports package. I love the thousands of Saab enthusiasts here! Hoping I can get some help here...

Is there a security trunk/cargo cover that can hide the contents of the trunk from people looking into the car? I tried searching for a retractable trunk/cargo cover but I haven’t been able to find anything. Does anyone know what it’s called and/or the part number? I found a retractable cover online for the 9-2x (same year) but not sure if it’d fit my 9-5. Appreciate any help/advice here! Thanks much.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hi All, I just bought my first Saab, a 9-5 Wagon with the sports package. I love the thousands of Saab enthusiasts here! Hoping I can get some help here...

Is there a security trunk/cargo cover that can hide the contents of the trunk from people looking into the car? I tried searching for a retractable trunk/cargo cover but I haven’t been able to find anything. Does anyone know what it’s called and/or the part number? I found a retractable cover online for the 9-2x (same year) but not sure if it’d fit my 9-5. Appreciate any help/advice here! Thanks much.
If you can find someone parting out a 9-5 on Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace/etc, you might be able to score a parcel shelf for cheap. I found one in a 2003 wagon around here locally. The ones from the older cars fit in the newer cars, FYI.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
The ones for the 2006+ models seem to be a lot rarer, I'm sure because there aren't many of those cars, but as was previously mentioned, the earlier ones fit fine. They're just a different color. The 2006+ shelf is cream, I think, regardless of interior color, but earlier ones came in either tan/beige or grey. A 2007 9-5 with the parcel shelf showed up at a Pick n Pull in Tacoma, WA, not far from me, but I didn't get it because it was covered in shattered glass and something was jamming it in place.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The ones for the 2006+ models seem to be a lot rarer, I'm sure because there aren't many of those cars, but as was previously mentioned, the earlier ones fit fine. They're just a different color. The 2006+ shelf is cream, I think, regardless of interior color, but earlier ones came in either tan/beige or grey. A 2007 9-5 with the parcel shelf showed up at a Pick n Pull in Tacoma, WA, not far from me, but I didn't get it because it was covered in shattered glass and something was jamming it in place.
Very true, Jeremy. My carpet is black and my seats + trim are cream/white color, but the parcel shelf I found is grey. It bugs me a little not matching the other colors of the car, but grey is inoffensive enough where I can live with it.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
I've wondered how hard it would be to re-cover one of those in different fabric. The fabric on mine keeps pulling up at the back corners, where it gets pressed down against the side trim. It has a couple of stains on it, too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've wondered how hard it would be to re-cover one of those in different fabric. The fabric on mine keeps pulling up at the back corners, where it gets pressed down against the side trim. It has a couple of stains on it, too.
I imagine any upholstery shop that can do a headliner could do the parcel shelf as well.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I think that a beige or cream-coloured parcel shelf is going to show dirty hands right away. I'm not thrilled by the silver paint and dark grey interior of my 9-5 wagon, but dirt is not too obvious. (I am not a waxer/cleaner.)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
I agree. I have two little kids, and the grey interior suits them fine. If I had a beige interior, I'm sure it would look disgusting, despite my best efforts to keep it clean. They just can't keep their dirty feet off of things.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess my other question will still be appropriate for this thread since I just bought the 9-5... the handbrake leather cover with the plastic trim has come off and I was wondering if anyone has any experience fixing it themselves? It looks like I may have to get it squeezed back in in these tiny ridges so it doesn’t move. Here’s a photo:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, can't believe it's free! Thanks to all the tips and help from the community, I managed to find on Craigslist a good condition parcel shelf from a 2000 Saab! I'd have never known that the older ones fit my 2006. Here's a photo:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dye for nylon does well. Spray carpet dye yields good results too.

I found my parcel shelf in a salvage yard. Top carpeting color was tan. I dyed the carpeting gray to match the interior. Looks great though it's hidden behind the window tint.

Congrats on your find and it looks good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts