SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Saab and first impressions is it needs more. The only thing in the near future is a full exhaust and boost gauge I hate not know how many pounds I'm running. Eventually my goal is somewhere around 350 to the wheels, but that won't be for awhile. Anybody have any ideas where to mount the boost gauge without clustering up the interior?

Welp there is my weak intro and pics. Just a little offtopic, but this is my project and bought to Saab to DD while I build this.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/Beat90Laser/100_2507.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/Beat90Laser/100_2505.jpg

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Nice car thanks for the pics!!! Love that color it closest to the Viggen Blue you can get. I just bought a White 03...

350 at the wheels you will need GT30XX turbo and forged Pistons ( The 2.3L got cheaper pistons when GM took over. But no problem ( except for $$) there are several people at 400+

Oh and the A-Pillar works for teh boost guage, search there a a few with that set-up

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome, and here is a picture of a gauge in a single pod on the A-pillar like Jssaab mentioned. quite discreet and out of the way.

·
Registered
800 Posts
congrats and welcome. very nice aero and probably the best color available on a 9-5. lots of work need to reach a reliable 350whp, but it is very possible!

...it looks like you don't have the xenon headlamps though, i thought they were standard for all US models 2002 and up...although i could be wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
B~P said:
congrats and welcome. very nice aero and probably the best color available on a 9-5. lots of work need to reach a reliable 350whp, but it is very possible!

...it looks like you don't have the xenon headlamps though, i thought they were standard for all US models 2002 and up...although i could be wrong. :confused:
Nope Xenons were part of the "Sport Package" I believe...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think that was actually the Visibility package. I think it also came with the reverse sensors, and the auto-dimming mirrors. The Sport is the Aero package which includes the Aero goodies, front air dam, wheels, lower sport suspension, HOT engine, Aero badging. The vehicle pictured has all the Aero stuff, just not the visibility package. The Stock Xenons are a fairly expensive re-trofit to do, so an aftermarket conversion using a D1R, or D2 type HID bulb can work with stock reflectors or possibly get an aftermarket projector lens (don't know if they are out there). Just make sure you get a shielded bulb or you will have brights for your low beams. 2.5 times the light with no shield will blind other drivers.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We are both wrong...found the correct pkg..

Touring Package: bi-xenon headlights, rain sensing wipers, rear park assist, auto dimming exterior mirrors

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
.ouring Package: bi-xenon headlights, rain sensing wipers, rear park assist, auto dimming exterior mirrors
So that's what I have! Wondered why my wipers seemed to have a mind of their own sometimes... :lol:
Welcome aboard 90Laser - Lovely car. I grew up in A'town BTW.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
How long have you had that car for? I saw a beautiful blue 9-5 driving around Allentown this summer.. I assume you just bought it though. Nice car.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I installed my boost gauge into a vent on the left side of the steering wheel. Wasn't a huge hit among everyone here, but I like it a lot. I did it so I don't have to screw a pillar pod into my a-pillar, since I think they look weird. From the passenger seat, you don't really notice it.

The way I did it, I lost functionality to the bottom vent, but air still hits me just fine. I never used those vents anyway, just the main one to the right. But it's up to you.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Beautiful car!

My buddy has an 03 Aero in that color (I think 03 was the last year for it and it really makes the car.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Good to see you found the site ok. ;)

As for a your mods, no need to get a full exhaust now. The downpipe needs to be upgraded to push past Aero power, but until then it's a pointless upgrade. A catback of somekind will be all you'll need, and it's sounds great. :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
A 3" downpipe and race cat will improve spool up time on the turbo

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
But it spools at 2200 and that's only cause the ECU limits it so it won't spool sooner.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm really liking the boost gauge in the vent. My car is hitting boost at 1500 rpm? Is this not normal?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wasn't it lower?

The torque plateau starts at 1800/1900 RPM,so imo Aero starts to spool there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Purchased at Scott Saab?

My father lives near you and has been looking for an Aero for a couple weeks. Scott never seemed to have any. Guess he missed this one! :cheesy: Congrats on the purchase. Love the color!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts