SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
hoping you can help me out here. Have a 900 turbo that has started to judder while driving. I am fairly sure this is fuel related as it feels like the engine just isnt getting enough. It will then run OK for a while. It has on occassion cut out/stalled when stopping but it is not generally a lowspeed/revs issue it can happen while doing 70 or while tootling around town. I have replaced the fuel filter but this doesnt appear to have sorted the issue. The car does appear to get very hot too and i have on occassion had to resort to opening the air vents on HOT to let the engine cool down. I am not sure if these two events are related. The turbo was reconditioned about 2 yrs ago, the cylinders were reground and new head gasket by a very good ex Saab mechanic. The car can run well for some time but then this kicks in. I suppose could be fuel pump but would this be irregular like i am expereincing. It is also throwing up the check engine light occassionally although the car has always flickered this light when the Turbo has kicked in/changing gear except now this is happening while not changing gear and it is definitely related to the current problem.Thanks

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
On those Flintstones injection systems, usually only the air mass meter or ECU can light the light.
Spray window cleaner on the plug wires at night, see if it stumbles, sparks or dies. If not, see if you can find a fellow enthusiast to swap the meter or ECU after checking every connector you can find for a pushed-out terminal. Put a dab of grease on every connector you refit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply is is appreciated. Is this just in relation to the check engine light coming on or is it related to the poor running of the engine as i described?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jim, i'll definitely look into it. I'm luck your side of the atlantic has enough time differential so we can do a real time conversation.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts