SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is running a JT 3" from front to back. If so I would like to hear your thoughts on the system.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It is really good. Love it. However, if you are a fan of real loud exaust this is not for you. I think my intake at WOT is louder then the exaust D: I have open air though with tuned ECU, so maybe on stock you won't experience this. I understand by front to back you mean incuding the downpipe? That's what I have, turbo back.
I found it to be somewhat painful to install though.
Just for those who will be installing it in the future, the flange on the cat and on the middle muffler are both wide. There is a pipe to connect them which is just straight pipe which you will need to cut. The point is that the pipe has wide flanges at both ends. So, I did a mistake of cutting only one of them of. Then I had to put like 3 inch piece of pipe between the cat the pipe, which is a ghetto way to do things. So, just measure it out and cut the ends of the straight pipe. This way you will not to so this 3 inch nonesense.

Klim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im ordering my jt tomorow, just wondering if anyone has fitted on a 9k with out a cat. and if it is any louder? my carly is pre 92 so dont have to have CAT.

and also wen you fitted it does the tailpipe sit central in the rear appature?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well, expect a lot of cursing and banging to get that tailpipe aligned so that the rear muffler doesn't touch any of the rear susppension comonents. I basically straped the tailpipe on the rbber donughts hard against the plastic rear bumper skirt, so it sits dead center in it, even bends it a little. This was the only way I could get not to touch any suspension components. As far as cat goes, from all the experience with other cars, it will definitly be louder. However, JT supplies the tube I mentioned before the proper length to install without the cat, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Klim

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Mine fitted easy and I never had problems with catching underneath, it was on a CD Carlsson 1992. The pipe exits in the middle of the rear apiture although my carlsson didn't have the one piece body kit on so its right on the rear bumper corner.

Noise wise it sounds normal until you hit the throttle, it really helps spool up and was money well spent. I don't have a CAT also.

·
Registered
131 Posts
that sounds nice...

i didnt order it today as i just found out that sometimes they are built with differnt finishers. so gona wait till 2moro mornin tofind out what tailpipe im going to get with my car!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
mine is complete along with open air intake...

pretty much gets the job done...spool is very fast....sound is amazing...not too loud but still noticeable...its a "mean" sound....like a powerful sound....

i really like that if i rev it up or let off the gas at like 3000rpm the exhaust will crackle/rumble down.....i also have a gs race cat.....

but the intake is louder than the exhaust under full boost....even when i let off boost at wot i think the intake is still louder than the dumb valve too....

would i do it all again.....duh:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have stage 3 kit on my cc 9000. The install was quite painful. I had to do much cutting and welding. The middle silencer rubber mountings had to be relocated, the pipe between middle and end silencer had to be cut shorter and the end pipe of the exhaust had to be cut shorter because it hang TOO much out. If I remember then I cut it about 2 inches/5cm or maybe more. But at the good side, it's worth every penny:D

Sorry for the bad english(maybe:roll: )

·
Registered
692 Posts
Depending on whether or not you are running a Cat makes a big difference to the volume (not tone). Without the cat I found it too droney in 5th on the M'way otherwise was OK. With the Cat it's spot on - subtle and classy sounding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts