SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JT 3" full exhaust installed (inc pics)

petrolhead said:
It's the JT 3" DP with sport cat and full 3" exhaust...and I definitely can't wait...will be on tomorrow!!!:lol:
OK, had it fitted yesterday by a garage and just as well, apparently it was a right pain to get on, they had to actaully re-bend a pipe in order to align the tailpipe centrally within the exit space! That 4" tailpipe is certainly not 'stealth'!

So started it up and the pitch of the exhaust is a very very low rumble but not overly loud.

What I did notice on my first drive is not a huge increase in power but the torque has certainly been increased, idle is steadier as well. There doesn't seem to be any unsettled 'jumping' driving in traffic in 1st. Also pulling off from slower speeds in 2nd gear has greatly improved. There is some low volume Deceleration 'popping' on occassion, but not alot.

At last though my car has a voice and the exhaust is a great 'cataylist' for future mods (pun well and truely intended):cheesy:

I am hearing what can only be described as a 'ghostly wind noise' sometimes (sounds like it might be turbo as its at the same time as the turbo spools) but as I have a vent in my bonnet/hood it may be this increasing it?

Good exhaust though, nicely tuned.

Anyone else have this exhaust system?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have it on my Viggen. And I get the turbo noises as well. I love it. :) And yes, fitting that muffler tip in the exit is fun lol.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, thanks for confriming about the turbo noise BlinD, thought I was going slightly mad.

Do you have the same thoughts as me concerning the comments I made above?

·
Registered
434 Posts
BlinD, can I see some pics of it on the Viggen and maybe a sound clip? I'm debating on this exhaust..what cat did you buy it with and where?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
sounds really nice, the sound be still be the turbo, just maybe coming from the exhuast? It may actually be loud enough to be heard over the engine rumble

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd say it is the 3" downpipe that is responsible for the increased noise. Mine did the same although it was a different manufacturer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
avixcore said:
BlinD, can I see some pics of it on the Viggen and maybe a sound clip? I'm debating on this exhaust..what cat did you buy it with and where?
I'll get some when this weather clears up. I'm allergic to cats. ;D CEL all day long lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts