SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one used the JT 3" exhaust? If so, how was the install, performance, sound, and maybe dyno results?
Thanks all

·
Registered
433 Posts
I put mine on about 2 months ago. I waited almost 2 months for it, but it was worth it. Sounds nice at idle but when you get into it, WOAH, im running no cat and spool up time is way down and the car pulls a lot harder. its worth it...:cheesy: oh i have the 3 in exhaust with the 3in downpipe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
full JT 3" system with just one back box. Luvley Jubbley :cool:

can be a swine to get it to hang properly, especially towards the rear end over the axel, will knock about if not done properly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JT 3"

Thanks guys for the feedback.
Has anyone installed the 3" with a bolt in cat? I'm just wondering what to co when it comes time for emmisions. I was thinking about having a muffler shop fab a bolt in cat and a "test pipe".
Thanks again.:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Had mine fitted yesterday and all i can say is wow. Makes the car feel much better. I had a cat on mine as well which has been replaced wth just the single back box. The spool up is much lower and it pulls fanstically :D

This plus new shocks and poly buses all round, front cross drilled and grooved dsic with new pads, new front track rod ends and a new clutch have transformed the car.

Had the biggest saab smile ever yesterday :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3"

Thanks Fakie, Love the UK.

I think I'm going to have to do the 3" soon. I had a dyno session last night and I'm stuck @ 270hp @ the wheels. I think I can easilly get to 300 with the 3".
Went from 234hp to the 270 by installing a FMIC and two additional injectors. Oh baby! The Saab smile get bigger every day.:p

·
Registered
487 Posts
Slightly related question.

I did an oil change and spark plugs today on my car and noticed something odd. Before I had the JT fitted, my exhuast pipe had a sensor in it not far from battery. New exhaust doesnt :eek:

Is this going to be a issue ? I ditched the Cat at the same time but does the sensor do more than that ???

It feels fine, idle is ok and runs perfectly so I am just double checking

·
Registered
203 Posts
Fakie, sounds like you've lost your 02 sensor. Not sure
what that'll do to performance.
Schriss, what else have you done to your SPG?

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
It does sound like the lamda and you do need it if its part of your cars system which a lamda has to be.

You can have it welding on to your new system without to much trouble.

I will also say that a 3 inch pipe is the only way to go on the T16, it has a nice trumpet note that is full and juicy not fat and hollow at all.

I will get a 3 inch system when my 2.5 falls apart in 2010:roll: i was really thinking about getting a copper exhaust made.

·
Registered
203 Posts
3" rocks hard even with a cat.
Virtually no spool up.
Nice sound.
Tight fit around the rear suspension.

The 02 (lamda) can go in a little more
downstream than the factory location.
Mine's about 10" from the turbo housing
in the top of the downpipe.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Anyone have some good quality media available for download which would demonstrate the tone generated by a full 3" system? I know that muffler types and number of mufflers would play a part in the system. I've heard many good things about borla mufflers, but I'm just curious how good it sounds. I realise it wouldn't be the same as hearing it in person (one of these days i'll find a sack of money on the road which says "for saab goodies") but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Cheers. will have a poke around tonight to see if I just have missed seeing it or if it has been removed totally.

Wouldnt CEL come on though if it wasnt getting a reading ?
Also does anyone know if the JT exhaust came with hole for sensor?

I didnt really get the chance to look at it properly as I bought is secondhand on the sunday evening and got it fitted monday morning.

I do love the sound though :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
A little bit off-topic :all those engine mod's and so on result in high Hp's and torque:cool: . What do you do with the gearbox , when you do 40 000K's it must be for the scrapyard. Or do you all use the gearboxes from after '91 with the better bearings?(I would think it isn't good enough aswell)

Greets

Erik

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had mine on for about 6mnths now and even though the motor needs a good tune up (going like a wet Fart at the moment) the noise just when the turbo kicks in :evil: With the sunroof ,windows open and buildings around is fun , just watch the pedestrians Tee Hee :eek:

Whilst were on the subject anyone recommend a good Tuner or rolling road shop

·
Registered
203 Posts
uberfast said:
Anyone have some good quality media available for download which would demonstrate the tone generated by a full 3" system? QUOTE]

Bro, come on down to Tucson, You can hear one live and in person.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Burrr! Burrrr! Burrrr! Burrrr! broommmmmm! brooommm! Brooommmm!!!!

BROOOOOMMMMM!!!! something like that:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm into my 2nd system and the sound is mmmm.. from fishing boat at 700rpm to a big motorcycle roar over 4500rpm.With my 1st system we measured over 100 dB(A) @ about 5000rpm 1 meter from behind :cheesy:

I had some problem when it rained, then it bent and made a terrible sound somewhere. If you've lowered your car, don't put to many (or heavy) passenger in the back seat. There isn't enough room between the car body and the rear axle /Janne

1 - 20 of 24 Posts