SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JSP T25 Turbo

The JSP T25 turbo upgrade is bigger than the TD0418T (the compressor wheel is the same size ias a T3/60). A very nice turbo direct bolt in unit, no need to hunt down all the bits to make the Mitsubishi unit fit.

I always thought the TD04 was bigger than a T25...
does his use different housings? I know he also has a T25/28 hybrid, but this is not it.

So does this make more power than a TD04HL-18T and spool quicker?

the interest is there because with the advent of ECUProject.com, I don't feel so pressured to find the perfect setup right off the bat.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
call jak and find out

·
Registered
933 Posts
I believe it has T28 internals, put in a T25 housing. He wants a core so he must use some of the stock parts.

Edit:John Z. Williams had one PM him, then let us know.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Corn Cob said:
I believe it has T28 internals, put in a T25 housing. He wants a core so he must use some of the stock parts.

Edit:John Z. Williams had one PM him, then let us know.
Its a t25/gt28r wheel configuration.

He is talking about the wheel size that is bigger than the 18t. He uses the stock t25 housings and machines them out to accept larger wheel sizes and I think a clip on the turbine side for more flow. It might be a good idea to find the 6cm2 t25 housing off a 9k for even better flow.

The t25/28 is a torque monster, I had the big t28, which is a t28/gt28r turbo with the entire center section being replaced with a t28 section.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John Z Williams said:
Its a t25/gt28r wheel configuration.

He is talking about the wheel size that is bigger than the 18t. He uses the stock t25 housings and machines them out to accept larger wheel sizes and I think a clip on the turbine side for more flow. It might be a good idea to find the 6cm2 t25 housing off a 9k for even better flow.

The t25/28 is a torque monster, I had the big t28, which is a t28/gt28r turbo with the entire center section being replaced with a t28 section.
and how it that compared to a TD04 as far as top mid and low ends?

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Its a little more laggy than the stock td04, but makes more hp. I ended up making around 294whp by cutting the cf in half, which seems very close. It made somethin like 318whp and 356wtrq sae in Denver.

It was fully boosted to 26-28psi by around 3500rpm in third gear and pulled hard to about 5700rpm or so.

Its a good mid-level turbo and probably very close to a tdo4 18t. I have never driven a car with a 18t.

John

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
John Z Williams said:
Its a little more laggy than the stock td04, but makes more hp. I ended up making around 294whp by cutting the cf in half, which seems very close. It made somethin like 318whp and 356wtrq sae in Denver.

It was fully boosted to 26-28psi by around 3500rpm in third gear and pulled hard to about 5700rpm or so.

Its a good mid-level turbo and probably very close to a tdo4 18t. I have never driven a car with a 18t.

John
the 18t will basically give you that same exact power with 700ish rpm sooner spool up from what i recall.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Viggen_93 said:
if you have a TDO4, you can just bolt on the 18t correct?
Yes, if you already have a tdo4-15t-5, etc you can just bolt the 18t right up. But most don't just have an 18t sitting around. Maptun in the usa might have oneready to go at around 1200 bucks. What you would do is find a used 9000 aero turbo 94-98. You then take your 15t off of your car, ship both off to a builder and they will bore your 15t out to make an 18t, and then they will slap on the 6 exhaust from the 9000. This turbo will run out of gas before redline though.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
lms said:
Yes, if you already have a tdo4-15t-5, etc you can just bolt the 18t right up. But most don't just have an 18t sitting around. Maptun in the usa might have oneready to go at around 1200 bucks. What you would do is find a used 9000 aero turbo 94-98. You then take your 15t off of your car, ship both off to a builder and they will bore your 15t out to make an 18t, and then they will slap on the 6 exhaust from the 9000. This turbo will run out of gas before redline though.
mine pulled to about 5500 rpm before it started to fall off, but that was mor then enough to drop you into the meat of the power when you shifted, i never really shifter higher than 4500.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts