SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the JR drop in air filter as well as some e-code rub strips and aux input. While performance-wise the filter's differences are subtle, the sound difference was much more drastic than i expected. I get that whooosh sound when shifting and the turbo whistles like never before.

Also, the e-code bumper strips were an easy install and look much better than those ugly orange parking lights. While i had some minor problems with the aux input kit install, if i had to do it again it would probably take about 45 minutes. Now i just have to get the aux function activated and hope that i did everything right.

BTW, has anyone had the saab sport twin exhaust and decor kit installed on their linear? If so how does it perform/sound?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The Saab Sport Exhaust really doesn't sound any different than what's already on your Linear. It's the same pipe and muffler, they just changed the tip design... not many people want to shell out 3 bills for a minor cosmetic change.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you find the e-code strips in the US, or across the pond? I found them online, but all in the UK.

Has anyone come out with a clear or smoked lense for the bumper yet?

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
RobSamaCT said:
Did you find the e-code strips in the US, or across the pond? I found them online, but all in the UK.

Has anyone come out with a clear or smoked lense for the bumper yet?
Someone on here smoked their own lenses on a black 9-3. It looked better, but the Euro strips are much better looking IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought my strips here in the US: http://www.genuinesaab.com/

I also ordered the JR filter which I also received along with the strips. I must say that I'm a little disappointed in the sound of the filter. Maybe I'm loosing my hearing (I do turn 30 Sunday :cheesy: ), but to me it doesn't sound any louder than the OEM filter. I have a sentronic Arc, so maybe the manual transmission is louder who knows. I've heard that a real difference in sound is noticable if you have BSR, but I don't currently have it. Anyway, I'm glad you are happy with your filter, but it hasn't done much for me yet. Hopefully it will sound louder when I get the BSR soon.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i used to have the JR filter about a year ago. it does make a noticable amount of sucking noise through the dash, which you have to turn off the radio to hear...but that's about it. i hardly noticed any difference in the turbo whistle or the recirculation valve. when my car got replaced by saab due to a porous block, i stuck with the stock air filter fearing more particles would get in with a gauze type filter. after a year and a half of fighting it, i finally ordered the optiflow. it's still in route, but i have a feeling the noise will be well worth it :cheesy: ...it better be for a broke college student who just spent $270.

·
Registered
132 Posts
for all of you with the american spec cars with the stips WITH the side repeaters.....i used some black plastic spray on paint i got at a parts store in germany, (which i am sure they have here) to paint the orange lights, and it worked out good for me. i did this about a year and a half ago, and they still look good. just a cheaper way to black out the ugly orange that stands out and still have your lights. dunno....worked for me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts