SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a 2005 9-3 Linear, with 48,000 miles on it. It is a sweet car in darn near perfect condition. I am so far very happy with the purchase.

I do have a few questions though.

1. Bluetooth - I have read the posts regarding bluetooth and I have seen the bluetooth accessory that you can purchase from Saab. However I also have seen it mentioned that you cant use this if your car is "equipped" with onstar?

I assume equipped means just that, that the car is equipped with the onstar hardware, and that this doesn't refer to having onstar activated and working.

My car is equipped with onstar but it does not work due to the change from analog. I really want to get this bluetooth accessory but I only want it if it can be integrated nicely with the car and the most important thing is to have it use the steering wheel buttons for answering a call.

2. Does the owner center portion of the Saab USA website actually work for others? I signed up but for the life of me I can't add my VIN, I always get some darn error at the end of the process when trying to add a VIN. I will try contacting Saab but thought I would ask.

3. Hummmm.... I am tired forgot the rest guess I will get some sleep and dream about things to ask.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Welcome to Saab ownership. You will enjoy your Saab.

I also had problems with the Saab owner web site and just used the site to log the maintenance to our previous Saab.

Bluetooth can be installed and there are detailed threads here about installing it. Just do a search. Let us know how it goes and take pictures if you do the job.

enjoy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the response, I have searched and found numerous threads about installing bluetooth, however as I read through each thread I find them to still be lacking with regard to the questions I have.

I think I will post to those threads though to keep things on topic if you will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts