SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there!

Got a '92 T16S and it seems to be getting quite jerky when on and off the power. Had garage check it out and all usual stuff has been done... this car has always been well maintained so it's not from lack of that. I changed the oil last week with turbo oil but not much different really.
Is it possible that the injectors are a little clogged and not giving a nice even spray pan? Thing is, I don't wanna run a can of injector cleaner through the tank because the last time I tried that, the car ran like a dog for the next month! I think it shifted a load of dirt but sent it through the engine anyway!

I just want it to run smoother. Any help or advice appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine mount recently renewed, timing all spot on, brand new HT leads etc etc oil change every 3k, silicone hose throughout.

Any more ideas?!!!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd look first at throttle. Sort of knee-jerk reaction - jumps on- and off-throttle, look at throttle plate, intake manifold, air filter (?), AIC, possibly ECU, since it's in charge. I'd make sure the throttle plate moves properly and is clean.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Could be the clutch sits un-evenly and this creates jerkyness? :confused:

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
You could check the throttle position switch. Instructions in the Bentley manual. Dunno if those things come apart easily, but if they do then you could thoroughly clean it out and lubricate the track/wiper with a graphite stick.

Agree with Jetman though, sounds ignition related but I can't think of any components that may have failed that haven't already been replaced. I assume the car had the jerky throttle response before all those parts were replaced? IE: has one of the new parts prematurely failed.

Knackered clutch could cause jerky take-up, but the described symptoms don't quite match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts