SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thank you if your here I am looking for insight on getting the cd changer out and a simple single den in to replace it. As you know the fiber optic can be difficult and honestly I just want to do it properly without fn anything up. Has anyone done this? What wiring harness/adapter do I need. I mean i found 1 but its 95 buck i mean come on lol. Any opinions and options

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah that plus having an aux outlet plus just the overall look and feel that the upgrade would give my interior. I recently put everything back in and together because I need to get my exhaust done on my daily. But I just honestly am looking for a less expensive harness/adapter and insight on the stupid fiber optic lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well yeah that plus having an aux outlet plus just the overall look and feel that the upgrade would give my interior. I recently put everything back in and together because I need to get my exhaust done on my daily. But I just honestly am looking for a less expensive harness/adapter and insight on the stupid fiber optic lol
Do you already have a single din ? I have a 2001 parts car and it has an adapter in it. I’ll have to take a look at it. Pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
436 Posts
the are no fascia adaptors for the MY03-06 cars..
There are double DIN universal adapters, with trim pieces. Here is a universal one for 20 bucks that would probably fit.

If he wants single din, then buy something like this, and use ingenuity to make it fit:

Just because it doesn't say saab compatibility on it doesn't mean it won't fit, it means most people are too lazy to do a real install. And once installed, it looks just fine. A bit of ingenuity and patience is all it takes. Industry standard from Wiki: ISO 7736 is a standard size for dashboard mounted head units,[1] for car audio. It was originally established by the German national organization for standardization, the Deutsches Institut für Normung, as DIN 75490, and is therefore commonly referred to as the DIN size.[2] It was adopted by the International Organization for Standardization in 1984. It does not define connectors for car audio, which are defined in ISO 10487. Head units come in either single (180 x 50 mm panel) or double DIN (180 x 100.3 mm panel) size. The advantage of double DIN is that it has a larger display, suitable for use with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.[3]

So basically what I'm saying is, if some research is done, one can find a compatible installation kit, that will look pretty decent, and only take a bit of work to install, that will fit the DIN size needed.

If your statement is true, what have the 1000's of aftermarket installers around the globe done to install aftermarket audio/video systems in these model year Saabs?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why not get an aftermarket Bluetooth FM transmitter to hook up behind your head unit? It's like two wires to hook up and it'll keep the factory look of your car. Those single din head units look like complete garbage. I put the iSimple Tranzit Blu in my Fiero and it works great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Why not get an aftermarket Bluetooth FM transmitter to hook up behind your head unit? It's like two wires to hook up and it'll keep the factory look of your car. Those single din head units look like complete garbage. I put the iSimple Tranzit Blu in my Fiero and it works great.

That is another great idea. I have been looking into that as well. Is the Tranzit the BT version of the IS31? I was thinking of buying an IS31 and connecting an ISBT23 to it, but if the Tranzit does it all in one that would be cool. What frequency does the Tranzit tune to? I was considering the IS31 option because it tunes to the lowest frequency on my stock headunit. I think that is 87.5.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is another great idea. I have been looking into that as well. Is the Tranzit the BT version of the IS31? I was thinking of buying an IS31 and connecting an ISBT23 to it, but if the Tranzit does it all in one that would be cool. What frequency does the Tranzit tune to? I was considering the IS31 option because it tunes to the lowest frequency on my stock headunit. I think that is 87.5.
ISFM2351 is the item number. It has bluetooth and everything already. You download an app on your phone and can set it to whatever frequency you want. The lowest is 88.1. I removed the antenna on my Fiero and that helped clean it up. As soon as I turn the car on my phone connects to the radio and I can listen to Spotify or make calls. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ISFM2351 is the item number. It has bluetooth and everything already. You download an app on your phone and can set it to whatever frequency you want. The lowest is 88.1. I removed the antenna on my Fiero and that helped clean it up. As soon as I turn the car on my phone connects to the radio and I can listen to Spotify or make calls. Worth every penny.

That's a good idea but I already have bought this jensen single den radio so if I can get it to work that's what I'll do if not I thank you alot for this option I have not even thought of that
That would solve my problem as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts