SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Here is a link to a little video which shows the issue I have.

ok I can't figure how to make this video work. very irritating syst here.

I can't find instructions on how to go about dismantling the jalousie in order to see if I can fix that knob.

The push button seems not to do much at all anymore. I got as far as figuring out that the base needs to be first turned clockwise and pushed down. But after that??? I tried pulling up with quite some force and it wouldn't bulge.

Please could you give me some pointers how best to go about it?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the suggestions.
I did have a look at those YouTube vids. But after trying unsuccessfully I noticed he had the top cap already removed. Which made me wonder.
I had not tried removing it, but will start from there as suggested.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
No, the top cap is not removed, it was broken.
Dont try to remove it, it will break off.
Just follow the steps and it will work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK
I've just had a go. I removed the top cap using a precision flat screw driver. Inserted it above the push button and gently prying it upwards. And could pop it up. In fact the cap has two tongues on each side that retain it.
In fact the cause is that the spring is dead. I think this is unavoidable as after 10+ years we can expect metal fatigue to settle in on that part of the metal tongue which is under stress each and every time you press the button.
That is quite appalling design for a car that was sold as sort of prestige type.

I found a replacement and waiting to get it delivered. The thing is, it comes with the whole system too!
OK, thanks again for chipping in. I'll let you know how I get on.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts