SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my SS it was missing one of the lift points for the jack on the right front.. Finally got around to purchasing a new one from saabusaparts and when i got it, it looks a little different, there is no half circle cut out like the others have. No biggie, but i also can't get it to install. I found the location, pulled the button out, lined up the"pin" and put it into place then snapped the button back in, but the block just falls right out.

I'm assuming the hole is too big or the new block is too small but I'm not sure which. Are there two different types of blocks and i got the wrong one? I would try it in anther location but i can't figure out how to get the others off. Usually those type of fasteners push through, but i can't seem to get any of them off.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
When i bought my SS it was missing one of the lift points for the jack on the right front.. Finally got around to purchasing a new one from saabusaparts and when i got it, it looks a little different, there is no half circle cut out like the others have. No biggie, but i also can't get it to install. I found the location, pulled the button out, lined up the"pin" and put it into place then snapped the button back in, but the block just falls right out.

I'm assuming the hole is too big or the new block is too small but I'm not sure which. Are there two different types of blocks and i got the wrong one? I would try it in anther location but i can't figure out how to get the others off. Usually those type of fasteners push through, but i can't seem to get any of them off.
What part # was the one you ordered? Will check the EPC to see if it is correct. Obviously it is the wrong part if it wont fit. My 09 Vector is missing a jack block so may be able to do a deal if they changed them - which seems highly unlikely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts