SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Just use the standard NGK saab specified plug, dont waste your money (or potentially damage the DI cassette)

10bhp :roll:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If they are a guaranteed extra 10bhp just by fitting them i suspect Saab would specify them from the get go. I'd be inclined to buy 3 sets of standard plugs for the same price.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok gotcha.. I was just curious..beside i already got the standard ngk specified for my car a few weeks ago. Thanks guys

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Honest pal, there is NO cheap tuning ;)

Save up for the good stuff :p

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well before i do that i am first making sure that my car is in tip tpo shape for the winter. I dont want to make it faster and have to park it in the drive way. what would be the point lol:cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
I dont want to make it faster and have to park it in the drive way. what would be the point lol:cheesy:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

You must make it faster thats the whole idea, then whether parked or sitting in traffic.................adopt that smug grin, the one that says:

"I know summit you don't know :p !"

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha.. no i will make it faster but not right now. I want my car to look like yours it's real cool so thats what i am working on right now. then i will get the stage upgrade.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
shaverjeff said:
Sure there is, Just ask the c900 turbo guys about their APC mods...
Ok :p

Erm, this is the 9-5 forum and T7 is a little more...................complicated, but thanks ;)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
What the hell is APC? I've always wondered that!!! I saw it under a boost gauge on a C900 and never knew what it meant...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Oi oi steady on there Kermit!:)

Automatc Performance Control = Knock detection linked to fuel grade. They can/could run on either the lowest grade Rusky fuel through to 'the good stuff'. Fairly hi-tec back in 1981/82.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Not to hijack the thread...

but how much potential is there for DIC damage if you run a non-NGK plug?

In my 99 9-5 sedan (94K miles) I found the previous owner had put in Bosch plugs, incorrectly gapped and left them in for 54 000 miles!!

My DIC failed in this car ~2 weeks ago. Was that a contributing factor to it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts